APS OR CUSTOM CODE???

AVUSSILVER

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Got a bog standard 52 plate avus silver s3 and its booked in to get chipped by APS on friday but after reading the threads i c u guys rate custom code ?? what would u guys say ? whats the diffrence ?
APS do know what they doing dont they? i see they've won awards and chipped an R8??lol

also what would need to be changed to? do i have to change diverter valve? or air filter ? heard u guys saying theres no point as there isnt that much performance ?

anyway would really appreciate your oppinions

thanks

Live in london so where would u say the best place is to go???

chris

Hi mate.
Erm... i cant comment on any re maps other than Custom Code. And AMDs old maps... to me i made the right choice with Custom code.
Its smooth. pulls well and maintains the factory drive,
I replaced the panel air filter and the diverer valve when i had my map. Both probably help a little and i have heard of the standard DV going pop with higher than standard boost.

yeh i wanted to change the air filter aswell but people on here say that you get air leaks when thats done ? have you had any problems? as ive heard an s3 with the bmc panel filter and it sounds the nutts lol

I had a Cotton Green panel filter fitted into my standard air box and ive had no problems at all. I asked alot of tuning companys about air filters/ Induction kits and the general response was dont fit an induction kit for 2 reasons 1. it will suck up too much hot air from the engine bay resulting in a loss of power. ( A few places said ... the seat leons that seat race use the standard air box so it cant be bad) 2. the MAF sensor can be a bit delicate on S3 engines... some cars have the MAF sensor fail after fitting an indution kit.

were due get the cotton panel filter from is it better than the standerd filter ?
is it a direct replacement also whats the cost lol

thanks

What do u think of APS are they a well respected audi tuner as im in london and il be traveling there on friday

AVUSSILVER said:
were due get the cotton panel filter from is it better than the standerd filter ?
is it a direct replacement also whats the cost lol

thanks

What do u think of APS are they a well respected audi tuner as im in london and il be traveling there on friday

the standard filter is good for 300bhp, no need for a fancy cotton ir K&N item, it will be money down the drain, just replace the standard one annually or 10k miles and it will be fine.

APS are all ex workers of AmD Technik, so they will offer you a good service with their knowledge and experience. Can't say for sure if their maps(or mapping shall we say) are superior to CustomCode, you really need to try cars with these maps to tell the difference in power delivery etc.

I have had my S3 remaped by APS, they are helpful and the outcome has been eye opening, I have done a few hoons with the car and never felt left out even with the rather more exotic company.

The Drivability is very excellent, top speed is up a good chunk, in gear acceleration is strong, Ive had no warning lights or issues and I drive the car very very hard at times.

I would also recommend their more driver orientated tracking setup, for what it costs its more than worth it....

They also Remapped my brothers and a friend Octavia VRS's with very goo out comes as well.

p.s. Ed make a good Cuppa!

Hope that helps

Dave :icon_thumright:

iv been to a few tuners over the years with all my cars and i was shocked when i turned up at custom code/jbs. very well organized and very helpful and workmanship looked top class.clean workshop, friendly staff and my remap is awesome.i prefered it to the revo as i had the revo trail beforehand.il take my car back there is i need any work doing to it for shore:icon_thumright:

The Green cotton filter was part of the custom code deal. Im not sure what the cost is to buy it seperate. They just said it worked better than the stock paper item and as i was looking for the best from what i had ... it seemed to make sence. I fail to see how an improved air filter can be money down the drain but... each to their own i supose.
Do APS do a free trial? it might be worth asking... most mapping companys offer a trial period so you can feel what the car would be like before you part with your hard earned cash. I couldnt have the trial as my car was already running uprated software and the trial turns the car back to standard after the test period is up.

ok cool thanks guys gonna get it mapped tomora its a shame they havent got rollin road to tell me exactly what its gonna be pushing they said round 265-270bhp but will c ,,,

AVUSSILVER said:
ok cool thanks guys gonna get it mapped tomora its a shame they havent got rollin road to tell me exactly what its gonna be pushing they said round 265-270bhp but will c ,,,

cough cough..... Awesome 8th March...... cough cough

AVUSSILVER said:

I dont think you'l be disapointed to be honest, im not and I get allot from the car, :icon_thumright:

a guy at the jbs rolling road day didnt do that well with his aps tuned audi tt 225 model.and as his girlfriend said she kept up with him on the way down to jbs...lol

SPEC
aps remap
aps turbo down pipe
aps sports cat
blueflame cat back
loads of forge stuff.
on the day 233bhp so he asked to have it done again and got 236bhp.

only thing i can say in his defence is he had one of the bet engine bays ive seen.

Disappointed! I e-mailed custom code & Storm developments about chipping and Auto-tranny's, still no reply.....:bye: for me

Thank you for the good mentions of Custom-Code we are very proud of our product and always happy to help a customer! :)

We have some fantastic files for the Audi S3 with great power delivery and superb at holding the power through the rev range.

At the moment we also offering a 30% discount so it brings the price from £446.50 to £312.55inc VAT

Clach: Storm Development really should have replied to you regarding this, I can only apologise about the delay - Please do ask me the question on here and I will reply.

Please do feel free to give me a call to discuss this further 01246 455004

MRC in Banburry did mine, very very pleased

Quote: Clach: Storm Development really should have replied to you regarding this, I can only apologise about the delay - Please do ask me the question on here and I will reply.

The question was based on concerns around my Auto Tranny. I am not a harsh driver, but was hoping to get a little more power out of the A3 and was asking around about potential problems to my Auto gearbox after the remap. I called AMD technik in Surrey today and they were helpful, but was hoping that a local Shop such as Storm developments could be a solution to my remap hopes, and for any future maintenence. At this point I am thinking of taking the extra journey to Surrey to be honest!!

Custom-Code. uk said:
Thank you for the good mentions of Custom-Code we are very proud of our product and always happy to help a customer! :)

We have some fantastic files for the Audi S3 with great power delivery and superb at holding the power through the rev range.

At the moment we also offering a 30% discount so it brings the price from £446.50 to £312.55inc VAT

Clach: Storm Development really should have replied to you regarding this, I can only apologise about the delay - Please do ask me the question on here and I will reply.

Please do feel free to give me a call to discuss this further 01246 455004

l have also emailed Storm Development and although l got a very swift, efficient reply from Custom Code, l didn't get any reply or phone call from Storm so l haven't bothered contacting them again.
They must have so much work they don't need any new customers !!!

where are custom-code based £312 is good,yhow long is it going to bea t that price for im looking to map my 2001 s3 in the next couple of months,and have been offered a remap by superchips for £250 but i hear custom code are better.

Thank you for the information regarding Storm, it is always very helpful how customers are getting on with our agents.

I will be in contact with Storm regarding this, and I will also double check the emial address for them is correct.

We are based in
Chesterfield but we have agents all over the UK please go to www.custom-code.co.uk and go to the contacts page

Regards
Custom-Code