My New S3

Ash dont get the boring RSTT'S Or RS6'S.

Get something DIFFERENT!

Porsche Cup 3's Look great, Head over to the ED38 forums always loads of decent wheels for sale on there!

Jason

S3Steve said:
They wont have been yellow from the porsche factory as yellow calipers on porsche's are only fitted to ceramic brakes.

Actually, you can...
You can have the callipers any colour you want...but at a cost.
Yellow is a standard 'option' colour...it also happens to be the colour the Ceramics are.

It's still unlikely they were bought from Porsche in yellow...but it is possible.

What about a set of these 18's which are for sale on UKMKIVS.NET

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/1131991.aspx

DSCN0035-1.jpg

Ash

Lovely car mate, congrats on it, good to see you could still get on the wagon, after all that bad luck u had...

I did see that one when it was up for sale, but just didnt have time to get a look at it....

Oh and regarding the wheels, i think the standard S3 ones look fine...thats just my opinion tho' :)

Ess_Three said:
Actually, you can...
You can have the callipers any colour you want...but at a cost.
Yellow is a standard 'option' colour...it also happens to be the colour the Ceramics are.

It's still unlikely they were bought from Porsche in yellow...but it is possible.

They were from JBR Performance, Theyre called ECS Stage 2v2 Yellow and Stage 1 Rear and were £1700
Would the calipers have been new or refurbished or something?

Thanks everyone, yes still got the old one here, going to be going soon though.

Cheers DPM, im sure it wont be long until im on the phone to you again!!:no:

Gorgeous new car mate....congrats... hope your happy with her!

On the wiper front I went for the bosch blades from http://www.wiperblades.co.uk and they are awesome... really quick delivery. Easy to fit. They look the mutts nutts and you really can notice a huge difference compared too the standard style blades. 10 out of 10 in my book!

Nice car, have you considered the alloy wheels on the current rs4, ive seen a few pictures of them on s3s and they seem to look very nice a welcome change from the standard avus/tt wheels.

ash_s3 said:
They were from JBR Performance, Theyre called ECS Stage 2v2 Yellow and Stage 1 Rear and were £1700
Would the calipers have been new or refurbished or something?

Thanks everyone, yes still got the old one here, going to be going soon though.

Cheers DPM, im sure it wont be long until im on the phone to you again!!:no:

If you have an ECS Stage 2v2 kit, then they are Porsche calipers with ECS caliper carriers and ECS 2-piece floating disks. Stage 1 rears is spaced out standard caliper with ECS 2-piece floating disks.

Look here for more info, under Mk1 TT225 www.ecstuning.com

jojo said:
If you have an ECS Stage 2v2 kit, then they are Porsche calipers with ECS caliper carriers and ECS 2-piece floating disks. Stage 1 rears is spaced out standard caliper with ECS 2-piece floating disks.

Look here for more info, under Mk1 TT225 www.ecstuning.com

Thanks mate!
They look pretty damn cool!!

VWStg2v2-install-150x.jpg

Even the rears look huge!! 308mm!

day7-Stage1RBeauty.jpg

Hadnt considered the new style RS4 wheels actually, could look good against the nogaro blue, anyone any good on photoshop? my copy wont work with vista

Cheers
Ash

Looks a good'n mate, enjoy!!!

...The rear parking sensors also finish off the back end of an S3 nicely.

Hey congratulations Ash,

It looks like you've got yourself a really nice motor there fella, I sincerely hope it can give you plenty of smiles to repay the heartache you went through with the last one, and if the pictures and description are anything to go by I'm sure it can!

Well done mate!

Rob.

Thanks Maz, wasnt sure on the sensors when i first saw them but there growing on me now and are pretty damn useful to be honest!

Cheers Rob, yes mate this one is certainly giving me something to smile about! I love it!

Cheers for the comments

ash_s3 said:
wasnt sure on the sensors when i first saw them but there growing on me now and are pretty damn useful to be honest!

aren't they just! why take 30 seconds to park a car when you can do it in 5?

prepare for the woman parking jokes though...

ash_s3 said:
Thanks mate!
They look pretty damn cool!!

VWStg2v2-install-150x.jpg

Even the rears look huge!! 308mm!

day7-Stage1RBeauty.jpg

Hadnt considered the new style RS4 wheels actually, could look good against the nogaro blue, anyone any good on photoshop? my copy wont work with vista

Cheers
Ash

I'm running Brembo GT's up front and ECS stage 1 rears on mine, works great, inc 2 sessions at CastleCoombe. :)

Look for jcs356, he has a Noggy Blue example running new style RS4's.

nice car mate well done i read your post its nice to see honest people do get something back.