Service Time

Jay

Reaction score
Audi have quoted the following:

NGK plugs (Unsure about the specific type he just said told they were NGK) @ £9.93 + vat
Air filter - £11.30 + vat

Do these prices seem reasonable?

Can anyone recommend any other plugs and an air filter for a standard A3 1.8T 8L.

Oil and filter was changed approx 1k ago so not bothered about that.

cheers

NGK Plugs (i take it he means each) at 9.93 is very expensive. But i suppose thats expected if you are buying them from audi. air filter is reasonable.

they are platinum tipped and last 40k thats why they are £9 each

Yeh but 9 quid each is still very expensive. Try a motor factors i bet you get them for half that.

Vag parts don't seem to have any plugs or filters listed.

What is the exact name of the plugs I should be looking for?

and is there a better air filter which isn't too much more expensive than the standard I might wanna consider?

thanks

You could put in a k+n panel filter but i wouldnt bother to be honest. Give me the year and engine code of your car and ill let you know which plugs they should have and how much we sell a set for.

S3 air filter 1J0129620: £8.83 from VAG Part
S3 Pollen Filter 1J0819644A: £9.91 from VAG Parts
or

Check out http://www.vwspares.co.uk/a3filters.php where they are even cheaper not 'audi branded' but the same manufacturer.

Alsways a debate on whether to go for an OE or 'performance' filter. Personally I go the OE route; but each to their own.

dan_a3 said:
You could put in a k+n panel filter but i wouldnt bother to be honest. Give me the year and engine code of your car and ill let you know which plugs they should have and how much we sell a set for.

Dan,

Engine code is AUM and 2000