Belly Pan screws

Neil_S

Reaction score
Am I the only one who seems to lose these with frequency?

I'm sick of it, because the car is lowered on the odd occasion I do sometimes brush the belly pan on nasty speed bumps. It appears that even the slightest of knocks on the belly pan is enough to free these bolts.

They also appear to be very under engineered, I am therefore intending to switch them over to something a bit better when I get my hands on some ramps in the near future.

I've found various size U nuts at motor factors and was in B&Q earlier and roofing screws look like a perfect solution.

p1219348_l.jpg

About £10 for 50, but better than over a quid a bolt from Audi.

I had one of those pulled out of a tyre of My van recentley The tyre Guy laughed and said ****** Audi undertray bolts We pulloads of these out of tyres !!!

ChuckH said:
I had one of those pulled out of a tyre of My van recentley The tyre Guy laughed and said ****** Audi undertray bolts We pulloads of these out of tyres !!!

I'm not ****** surprised!

I think they did this on purpose, I mean, if every owner bought even 2 of these bolts, that about £3 or £4, nice little earner.

Another piece of crap design is that the ones on the front are 2mm different in length to the ones at the back.

Apparently the techs often put the wrong ones back so they fall out.

I mean which bozo thought of that?

Aren't they the pathetic screws that only lock on a halfturn?
Can't remember now, but the ones that hold the engine covers on are forever working loose.