best place to get a FMIC

bazza s3

Reaction score
any 1 know any websites or where to go to get a good FMIC for my 2000 s3? thanks

Pro alloy, Forge, Neuspeed, ebay?!
Try Jabbasport, Awesome GTI, or Forge themselves.

Anybody fitted a FMIC to an A3 TDI?!?

Have been told that it should give a nice big spoonful of extra torque, but wondered if anybody had actually done it?

If anyone has fitted one to any other 1.9/2.0 TDi and had good/bad results would also be interested to hear their views.

Teejay said:

Have been told that it should give a nice big spoonful of extra torque, but wondered if anybody had actually done it?

If anyone has fitted one to any other 1.9/2.0 TDi and had good/bad results would also be interested to hear their views.

We fit alot to the Ibiza FR's, great mod and as you say you got a nice bit of extra torque! Give me a shout if you want more info.

Bazza, give me a shout if you're after a price for a FMIC for your S3.

Damian @ DPM

Teejay said:

My Golf TDI150 had a FMIC as standard. Maybe worth looking to see whether an OEM VW FMIC will fit an A3

hey DPM how much are you doing the fmic for the S3 for?

ok thats good im gona need one in a few months ill give you a shout when im ready.:icon_thumright:

For the A3 guys, I quite like the look of the Seat Sport FMIC from the Ibiza.

2005_Seat_Ibiza_Cupra_Intercooler.jpg

Its £310 inc vat from your local seat dealer. so should be of good quality. I'm trying to find out what its measurements are. Looks like it might fit the A3?

That looks enormous. Does the 2.0TDi have them both on the same side?

Damian, what dimensions is the one suitable for 8P 2.0TDi and how much from DPM?

:sadlike:

Do you do any TDi tuning parts?

That looks GOOD, and hopefully makes a difference. Def a cost conscious way of doing it.

whats this godspeed intercooler i heard about a little while back? i tried their website but they only list the A3 but the piping looks about right! just the core is a bit small!

DPM said:
Teejay said:

We fit alot to the Ibiza FR's, great mod and as you say you got a nice bit of extra torque! Give me a shout if you want more info.

Bazza, give me a shout if you're after a price for a FMIC for your S3.

Damian @ DPM

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you get extra power by fitting an FMIC? It added nowt to my S3 other than a nice noise and the ability to hold the power I had for longer.

They're a cooling device, nothing more. They keep your charged air cooler for longer, but that's about it. Unless the increases are measured with the placebo/wallet dyno.

Directly an FMIC doesn't give you anything except a cooler intake temperature. Which might help on a track day in summer...

Indirectly they allow you to run silly amounts of boost and get the full potential from a remap, without melting the engine internals.

Oh and on a TDi it does give you more torque, but no more power, except with the conditions as expected above for a petrol turbo. I think this is because it basically allows denser air into the engine, and since a TDi doesn't have a throttle body it gets more of it, which means a cleaner burn and more torque (peak torque in a TDI at very low revs remember).