Engine remap or superchip?

spannah

Reaction score
Guys,

Whats the difference, i have read a few threads on here and most people seem to prefer or go with the Revo Remap, has anyone done or used Superchips?

Superchips gains.

Audi A3
1996 - 2003
Engine type : Turbocharged Petrol
Engine size : 1781 cm3
Cylinders : 4

Original bhp : 150
Original nm : 210
BHP increase : 37
NM gain : 55
Lb/Ft gain : 41

Just would like to know if its better than a revo or any other referrable remap.

Thanks guys

People have used Superchips in the past. They have been selling generic remaps for a long time now, and have quite an established dealer network. They also work with almost any manufacturer so have pretty much got the whole market covered.

As to whether they are better or worse than anyone else - difficult to say. Only thing I would point out is that you will be getting a generic map for the car. Other suppliers can provide you with a remap carried out on a rolling road where the individual chip is tailored exactly to the characteristics of your car. You'll pay more for the latter, however.

After your car gets remapped obviously there are gains which must mean more wear on the car, are the cars internals more likely to wear after remapping?

Standard Revo
Bhp 150 207
Torque 160 232
these are the figures,as for wear it depends how you drive I haven't had any problems with my s3 (touch wood!)

voorhees said:
Standard Revo
Bhp 150 207
Torque 160 232
these are the figures,as for wear it depends how you drive I haven't had any problems with my s3 (touch wood!)

where did you see them figures??

from revo's website:

StandardRevo bhp 150 190 Torque 160 225

and it costs £339...

:icon_thumright:

mattm said:

from revo's website:

and it costs £339...

this is for the K03

the 209 figure would be for the K03s i suppose

mattm said:

from revo's website:

and it costs £339...

Thats cheaper than superchip, whats revo site?

revotechnik.com

dont forget its +vat but im thinking of going revo, they do a 5 hour free trial so you can test it! bingo.