Low coolant warning light on dash

mikerd4

Reaction score
Every so often when I drive of my driveway my coolant warning sign flashes on the centre display unit. Ive checked the coolant level and its fine. If I stop and restart the enging the warning doesnt come back on and if I leave it running it goes off after about 60 seconds.

Does the sensor have a habit of playing up?

Mine does the same too the water is always fine i been told its the sensor in the header tank so nothing serious i hope lol..

mine does it too, ive heard its due to the cold weather and someone at audi said it flashes to remind you not to rag the engine until its warm :)

I have just booked mine in to have a new bottle with sensor....costing me £35 (£5 fitting)fitted by an ex Audi mechanic with original parts.....this bottle may be up for sale as i maybe part ex'ing next week without it.

mattm said:
...someone at audi said it flashes to remind you not to rag the engine until its warm :)

classic.

I wonder if they also tell people that the oil light comes on to remind people to defrost their windscreens.

madvw said:
classic.

I wonder if they also tell people that the oil light comes on to remind people to defrost their windscreens.

It'll be the gimp making tea for the valeter making that statement. Apparently the engine only gets hot to warm the heaters.......

:asskicking: bad Audi employed pleb

mine did that too and the coolant level was just above min, ive topped it up a bit and its stopped.