Have I a fault or not?

daveyjp

Reaction score
I put the key in this morning and turned it to start, before doing starting there was a warning sound - same as when it's low on fuel, but there's plenty in there.

I noticed very briefly the word 'fault' show in warning panel, but this went off straight away, I had no chance to read the rest of the message and there was no reappearance, even after turning off, removing the key and starting again.

My drivers side window one shot function had stopped working, but I fixed this.

Are these related or could there be something else recorded?

:cold: It could be the low temerature warning.:cold:

If the outside temperature goes bellow 4 degrees Celsius, you get a sound like when the fuel tank needs refilling.

I don't get an audible signal when the temperature's low.
Visual, yes.
Audible, no.
Good thing too, coz that would be a tad OTT, IMO.

I've never had an audible warning for low outside temperature on any of my A3s either. Just the outside temperature figure with a snow flake next to it if below 4 degress C.

h5djr said:
I've never had an audible warning for low outside temperature on any of my A3s either. Just the outside temperature figure with a snow flake next to it if below 4 degress C.

5°C actually

steve184 said:
5°C actually
Is that how you help resolving the problem?
Don't be so picky and try to find a solution instead of trying to score points

I don't think he was scoring points. Merely correcting a factually incorrect statement that had been posted in good faith.

:cold: It could be the low temerature warning.:cold:

If the outside temperature goes bellow 4 degrees Celsius, you get a sound like when the fuel tank needs refilling.
I can confirm that mine bleeped this morning at a temperature of 4 deg C, but there was no 'Warning' message.

Another 'bong' this morning and I managed to see the message before it went off 'ESP Fault'. ESP still seems to be working and it can be turned off. Car is in for steering rack after New Year so this will be mentioned then.