water leak in passenger footwell

KevM3

Reaction score
as it says , the scuttle was 4 inches deep with water cant find any drain tube is there one ? that could be blocked , took out a blanking grommet to drain it , all the carpets are soaking now where the water baked up & found its way in seemed to get in when i was driving as it sloshed around , is there a drain tube

hi
as far as i am aware there is no tube just the drain holes themselves. One on wither side of the scuttle.

Yes, remove the battery to get to the drivers side one. They don't have to be completely blocked either, just enough to cause the water to back up. I removed over 5 litres from my carpets, why Audi don't seal the foam on the underside I'll never know, it's a real pain trying to squeeze it all out.

I had this problem 2 weeks ago – the rubber edging at the base of the windscreen (passenger side) had been dislodged and needed to be tucked back under the end of the vertical rubber edge running down the side of the windscreen.

drill a hole, drain it then put a bung in it and underseal the underside when done

jcb said:
drill a hole, drain it then put a bung in it and underseal the underside when done
Ummm doesn't really deal with the 5 litres of water soaked up by the foam quitely rotting and stinking the car out. Bailing out the surplus is the easy bit.

ah, I see what you were after
I put a fan heater in the foot well with the seats out and left it in for several hours (read days!)

Yep, me too, with various bits of the carpet propped up so the heat could get underneath.

There are 2 drain holes,one is under battery and one below servo unit you best remove these rubber plug as they will block again.audi is recalling a lot of A4 and A6 for this fault.Water can get into cabin and in very bad cases water can get sucked into servo unit and then through the vacuum pipes into engine!!!!

after last weekends rain noticed the same problem on my 2000 2.8q , :(

same here i had a pool in back passenger well after parking on a hill a couple of years back lol sorted that by removing battery and scooping dead leaves and moss mud etc out of the drain hole but now im starting to get condensation on windscreen if left for a few hours but all carpets etc are dry any ideas what this could mean?

This appears to be happening to mine now, I've cleared the drain plugs under the battery and servo but it's still happening - any ideas where else it could be coming from?