Non-smoking pack

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
The Sportback i have bought has the non-smoking pack, i would like to change this back if possible to the sliding ashtray for looks only.

Is this possible and what do i need?

It is an S-line with the brushed metal look, i think.

I do not smoke, it is a disgusting dirty habit. Spence.:noway:

OEMPL.US sell the ashtray delete kit (pictured). So I think you just need a new ashtray with a brushed metal top.

A3_Ashtray_Delete01.jpg

I just had a quick search on the bay and would you believe it - item number 220174399077

9794_1.JPG

Is the non smoking pack just the tray in the top picture (and no cigarette lighter by the handbrake)?

QuickNick said:
Is the non smoking pack just the tray in the top picture (and no cigarette lighter by the handbrake)?

Almost, there is no cigarette lighter, but there is a 12 v socket hidden behind a flap.

JohnS3 said:
Almost, there is no cigarette lighter, but there is a 12 v socket hidden behind a flap.

That's a shame - mine has the smoking pack, and I'd like somewhere to put 'stuff', but would want it to be covered up (and the change draw is too small)

JohnS3 said:
OEMPL.US sell the ashtray delete kit (pictured). So I think you just need a new ashtray with a brushed metal top.

A3_Ashtray_Delete01.jpg

I just had a quick search on the bay and would you believe it - item number 220174399077

9794_1.JPG

You also need the plastic cover that goes into the well. It looks pretty similar to the non-smoking pack tray but shorter obviously.

Is it possible to change the cigarette lighter for the flap you get on non smoking packs?

marklad2020 said:
You seriously want to add an ashtray for aesthetic reasons????

Without doing a lot of research, I ordered my car with the non-smokers pack for the simple reason that both my wife and I are non-smokers. But I was disappointed with the fact that all you get instead of the ashtray is a bigger "hole" with no cover. My wife tends to use the car as a "handbag overflow storage device" so this soon got filled with all sorts of odds & sods which made the car look untidy. If the storage space had a cover this would be ok but it doesn't. I have retrofitted an ashtray and fitted a mount for my tomtom inside it which is completely hidden when the ashtray is closed. I think the ashtray looks much neater than the non-smoker cubby hole (especially when it has loads of stuff in it), so would not be surprised if someone wanted to change it for aesthetic reasons.

Why is he a weirdo? The ashtray looks better, there is no doubting that

Not a smoker either, but for finish. I agree ahead of the gear lever is tidy place with the ashtray with the brushed aluminium finished top.

I keep either my tire pressure gauge in there or my data bar for work.

Nothing weird in it just a nicely finished cubby hole for small gear.

I only smoke when I've had a skinfull so never when I'm in the car of course but I would rather have the ashtray as it looks a lot better. Plus doesn't the flap over the 12v socket get in the way of any cables you have plugged in there?? Or vice versa