No Power?

Jampublic

Taking it easy..
Reaction score
Its that time of the week where I have another problem! :faint:

Drove into work this morning, and at first I did not notice anything. I was driving slow and waiting for the car to warm up, plus I was also taking the back roads to work. I am not sure whats gone on, but I have no power on tap! No noise of spooling turbo, a slight noise and more important no massive surge of power??

Should I fear the worst and expect to buy a new turbo? Or maybe my clutch is going? Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance guys!

Fingers crossed! :sorry:

it might be the clutch. Mine is completely gone gone. Sliiping in all gears. 1st symptoms were lack of power as you mentioned, but could still feel the power surge after that.

Time for uprated clutch ;)

getting mine done next week (vr6/g60 combo)

VAG-COM and if no errors possible clutch but its doesn't sound like ususal clutch symptoms. have you tried it again since??

I had this same problem about a week ago, car was driving fine but it just felt like that turbo had been taken off! no turbo whistle, no DV noise, and no surge of power.

Then 2mins later it was back to normal lol and been fine since. wierd!!!

josh

I had this problem on mine, did a throttle body adaption and a accelerator pedal reset and then all went back to normal.

Tastyterrier said:
I had this problem on mine, did a throttle body adaption and a accelerator pedal reset and then all went back to normal.

Dont know what these are lol, guessing they may refer to newer cars??

josh

hmm dont think so, mine was the middle of the day and had been driving for a while before it happened....

Mine does it not all the time but specifically cold mornings. Start it again and all is fine

I've used Vag-com and no errors show - not sure what it is. But certainly not clutch related. Seems more like a boost valve. I haven't changed the N75 so not sure if that could be culprit.