AGU Cambelt Replacement Guide

cha1n

Reaction score
Hi there, i used to have a link to this guide saved in my favourites that i got from the forum, however i have recently formatted my hard drive and lost them all!

It was on a SEAT website as far as i'm aware, i saved it just in case and i am now thinking of carrying out the procedure! Could anyone provide me with the link? (If it still exsists) Thanks People,

Ross

Thanks alot lads, do any of these include info on changing the water pump too, or is it pretty straight forward? cheers

Ross

Water pump is just three bolts once you have the belt off. Can be a little tight when removing, but no real hassle. Usually the plastic impellor breaks on removal, but I'm assuming you will be fitting a new metal type?

Yeah that's the idea, i've been paranoid since i've had the car because it had a cambelt change at 85k (now on 110k) and the water pump was not replaced. Thanks for your help HTC,

Ross

I just read on one of the links about 4 stretch bolts requiring replacement, does this apply to the AGUs? cheers

Furthermore - can anyone suggest how this would differ on a standard non-turbo 1.8 SE?

All the same / less ancillary removal necessary / totally different ?

cheers.

It should be almost identical, the belt's in the same location and im sure the kit is the same for all models iirc