Alloy wheel fitment advice

iantype-r

Reaction score
Website
www.autoelitedetailing.co.uk
Hello guys, I might be buying some alloys for my 1999 A4 avant, they are 18"x8j, 5x112, 45mm offset, Ive looked at a fitment guide and that says they are ok, just after some confirmation really,

Also will the bolts of my alloys now fit the new wheels ok,

Thanks in advance

ian

OEM wheels have a rounded fit on the bolt. Aftermarket wheels tend to have tapered bolts. The OEM bolts will still fit, but will have less surface area touching the rim.

I changed mine when I got new wheels, but the old ones were looking fairly grotty anyway (I imagine yours probably are as well at 8 years old). Mine looked a lot tidier with new bolts one.

wit a 45 offset and an 8 inch rim you may find it will touch or will be very close to the suspension, would be better with a 35 offset, will push the alloys further out and will look better

my rs4 are 35 offsett and 8 inch wide

rochford tyres says 5x112 et45 best i can do som1 that still has some rs4's can confirm, you dont want the dragster look with the wheels sticking out from the rims do you? unless ur a boy racer :noway:

It is yea. I have 18x8 with 38 offset and 5mm spacers so effectively offset 33 and no problems.

as i said i have rs4 fitted with 35mm offset and they sit perfect in the arch they dont stick out past at all and look much better than the 45 standard wheels that were on before as they sat to far into the arch and looked lost.

im saying yes they will fit as standard offset is 45 (well on the 2.8 q it is) but they have 7 inch rims and your put on 8 inch so may be very close to the suspension either with the rim or the tyre (and that would depend on what tyre you fitted size/make)

cant you trial fit them first? if not as the shop whos supplying them if they will defo fit and then if theres a problem make the sort it