more power and response from a 2.4 v6 . what to buy ?

rabskyline

Reaction score
looking for a bit more poke and better drive from our 1999 v plate a6 . would like more power and better response. not sure what to fit on it(chip/zost/springs etc) .. i import jap performance cars and parts (mostly subaru imprezas and legacy's) for a living so i know all about tuning stuff for them but like the refinement/luxury and civilised drive from this car . any suggestions/info on whether its remappable/chippable etc would be nice and also what exhaust to fit for a nice growl but not chav loud... would like to retain ride quality but lower it a little too so interested in shorter springs that can be used on std shocks or a lowering kit that aint too hard . so as before, any suggestions would be gratefully recieved....obviously costs are an issue and dont want to throw thousands at it . thanks in advance , rab.

its not designed to be much faster than it is, maybe upgrade to a turbo or a v8?

thats a bummer....quite liked the drive......oh well. hmmmmm what about a remapped 2.5 tdi ! now thats an idea !! that would be very quick !

Even standard 2.5tdi's are quick so a remapped one would be good, no growl from that though.

yea i think if you are not going above the 200bhp mark with a petrol car you may aswell have a diesel they are that good