Which iPod link

adupuy

Reaction score
Hi all, thinking of adding an iPod link to my A4 with chorus II head unit. Which one is best.

Can you see track names on head unit etc?

I have seen the Genuine Audi one, the Denison one and one on eBay which I don't know who makes it.

None of those will get you text on the screen at all. Best of those is Dension, you have more control over the ipod itself. I'm very happy with mine.

There's loads of info on here if you do a search ;)

I have the denison setup too, keep an eye out on ebay.com for them - just ask the seller if they will post it to the UK - Got mine including P+P for £35 :icon_thumright:
Nelson have you managed to update the firmware on yours?

I too have the denison one installed with a no holes dash mount. It looks good with my black ipod video and works well.

steve_malton said:
I have the denison setup too, keep an eye out on ebay.com for them - just ask the seller if they will post it to the UK - Got mine including P+P for £35 :icon_thumright:
Nelson have you managed to update the firmware on yours?

I haven't tried! Don't actually need to I don't think.

For info, mine cost £60 from ebay with a clip on, no-holes mount.

here's mine installed....I have no complaints at all..

dsc00016eq0.jpg

Check out 'Grom Audio Digital Interfaces' on ebay.

I bought one of their ipod adapters earlier in the year and have had no problems whatsoever. Real easy fit to Chorus.... less than 15 minutes. Cost me under 40 quid including postage from usa.

Sorry there's no link but this is only my second post.

I've just installed the Dension Gateway 100 in my B5 S4 - nice piece of kit - totally stealth install as I put the iPod in the glove compartment (so no external fittings) and control it all from the Concert head unit.

Hi - newbie on this forum - but just fitted a Connects2 interface - 99p on ebay (no other bidders bargain).

Works well and wired the lead through the ashtray (took out the ashtray liner and cut a small hole in base). This way there is no obvious sign when I leave the car (recoil wire into ashtray and close the lid) and can control the ipod from the unit itself or the head unit (Concert II). Put a velcro coin on the ipod (Nano) and on the dash so can even stick the ipod on the dash when using it (to right of ESP button) - ok not particualrly fancy or permanent but does the job.

Also if I decide to take the ipod interface with me if I change the car (quite fancy an avant in the future) I can remove it, slot the ashtray liner back in and no-one is any the wiser!

Works well for me and all for less than a fiver - who said scotsmen were tight?:cool:

Hi,
Has anyone with a Denison Gateway 100 iPod head unit adapter tried it with an iPod Touch? Does it work?
Thanks,
David

do you need a certain radio in your car to connect an ipod adaptor, i think i only have a chorus cd player. how do they connect to the stereo intself??

chris_20 said:
do you need a certain radio in your car to connect an ipod adaptor, i think i only have a chorus cd player. how do they connect to the stereo intself??
They connect using the CD changer interface, so if you can order the external CD changer with your radio then you can fit the (pretty useless) iPod interface.

so you need the cd changer to make it work? think ill have to give that a miss, seems as though itll be too costly!

You don't need the CD changer just the connection on the rear of the stereo for the changer, to attach the interface to.

Chris

I need to get to the back of my stereo in the next day or 2 to re-route the Dension lead so i'll take a photo of where the lead goes into my stereo for you.

Pics as follows chris - sorry for the quality but it was dark! This is on a symphony head unit with bose so check the back of your head unit.

The port you are looking for on the back of your head unit is shown next to my finger below:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/swyllie2000/Picture003-2.jpg

All I did was removed this lead:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/swyllie2000/Picture001-3.jpg

Pluged it into the dension red adapter and the red lead into the back of the head unit:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/swyllie2000/Picture004-3.jpg

Easy!! :rockwoot:Dension cost me around £60 delivered from Canada on ebay.com the user name was wholesale_experts_enterprise

For full installation instructions see http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/611854.phtml

cheers buddy, appreciate that. ill have to look into getting a link soon :icon_thumright:

No problem! Ill pm you a link to the chap on Ebay as he's not listing any for Audi at the moment but its always worth asking if he has any:hi:

sorry if this is old ground, but i have a symphony 2 with autochanger in the dash, can i still fit an ipod adaptor of some sort? or will it interfer with the multichanger?

Your Symphony cd changer will still work if you install a dension. Only if you had a external changer (glove box or boot fitted) you would have to disconnect the changer.

:arco:

Does anyone have any experience of these working with the iphone? Also do they charge the ipod whilst connected?

Only if you had a external changer (glove box or boot fitted) you would have to disconnect the changer.
Dension sell an adapter that allows you to retain the external CD changer when you fit their iPod adapter.

I went for the Denison 300 with the optional bluetooth car phone module for my Concert head unit and while the ipod side of it is fine, the phone kit hasn't ever really worked. It was only a £50 add-on so I'm not that bothered but I wouldn't recomend it to anyone. If you want to retain your cd changer with the new denison systems I believe you have to go for the 400 series :ermm:

If you want to retain your cd changer with the new denison systems I believe you have to go for the 400 series :ermm:
Not so, you can add the CD changer retention module to the 300.