Couplw of problems need help

bonerp

Reaction score
Hey,I have a 52 reg A4 130 TDI sport saloon. When driving over potholes, its very noicy, like knocking. Is this just a common feature of audis, or are the suspension bushes fecked?? Its done 60k.2ndly, theres a vibration from underneath at certain revs. I think it sounds like a loose heatshield. Are these easy to fix up?3rd, when cold and pulling away in 1st, go to change to second or pull up to lights in traffic so drop clutch and get a slight knock. Any ideas on this?thanksPaul

Sounds like the bushes to me, but I also get the knock when dropping the clutch in 1st or reverse. Usually only when being overly aggressive but also when manoeuvring (?) and going between reverse & 1st, so I'd be interested to see what this is. The cars done it ever since I've had it and it hasn't got any worse. I think the clutch will need to be replaced soon as it's done 170k and it's still on the original.

Big thumping from underneath when stalling or taking up drive can be a worn gearbox mount.

Other problem sounds like worn front suspension arms.

I get a large thump as well but only seems to happen when the fuel tank is half full:confused:

yeah it does tend to a bit. Has anyone fitted PU bushes across the car? I'm thinking of doing this along with the arb bushes.