brake recall

603ELO

Reaction score
My sister recently bought a 97 A3 and her local dealer requested that she book it in for a brake recall.

Just checked with my local dealer about my car (97 t sport)and they want it in next week for the same problem.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is a hose problem apparently.

Mine was done automtically when they had the car in for the last service but other than that I don;t have much info. The first I knew was when I picked the car up and they told me they'd done it.

Check the recent "brake failed" post on this forum.

Mines a 97 TS. (So I was kinda surprised when they told me "we've done some warranty work", but happy too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif )

My 1999 Golf 1.8T also had the recall from the local dealer. Apparently the vacuum pipes were prone to splitting. Which is not good...

There was a brake recall put out on the A3 1.8T in August 2003.Mine is a 1998 and was missed by the dealer so will be getting it looked at.Would be a good section for the forum if anyone could get hold of the information and post it in a section.Audi hold all the information on recall work that has been done on individual vehicles but I guess this is only if you get your servicing done at a dealership.Useful to know what has been the subject of a safety recall when looking at a used motor to check if work has been done.The AA site is not very up to date with this information.

This is an excellent site for all vehicle recalls.. I think it may the 'offical' database.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The break recall that this and the other thread talks about is listed exactly here

just fyi.. this is all the Audi A3 recalls..

nice one cybrey, i havent had the vehicle serviced at audi since we bought it, think ill be popping to local audi dealer very quickly though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

That's a great site - I'll be waving copies of that lot at Audi next week when I go in for the vacuum hose work.
I also have the 3-spoke steering wheel so want to know whether the airbag problem could happen on my car too...