Exhuasts! Newbie!

Ferno

1st Gear
Reaction score
dont know much about exhausts but i want summin with a nice tone but not really noticeable when driving if you get what i mean??!?!
i'd appreciate recommendations.

btw i got a 1.6

yeah me too?

I hate that "droan" noise you get on motorways... Just a nicer sound, not a noisier sounds? Is it possible?

I have a 2001 1.8T QT. Oh, and can it stay stealth behind the rear bumper?

Get yourselves over to MIJ in walsall, bham. They are simply great when it come's to custom exhausts. Whatever style, whatever sound, they can do. Maz (one of the owners), is a user of this site too, and has a lovely S3.

See - www.mijperformance.com for more information. Call them, and they are very very helpful! Wouldn't take my exhaust work to any other place.

No offence but replacing the exhaust on a 1.6 is a complete waste of money - just makes it noisier and not any less slow.

I'd keep my £300+ for when something breaks

Rodenal, lovely wheels, I was looking at getting some RS4's like that for mine.. Can you post some more pics?

rodenal said:
No offence but replacing the exhaust on a 1.6 is a complete waste of money - just makes it noisier and not any less slow.

I'd keep my £300+ for when something breaks

thanks for the headsup, i fink i mite just do that.

AudiSport said:
Rodenal, lovely wheels, I was looking at getting some RS4's like that for mine.. Can you post some more pics?

I dont have em anymore got annoyed at tyre prices and put the standard turbo wheels on it - there's loads of pics around the forum tho, the pics thread is the best place to look