Q2 Rear speaker install on a "Technik" Q2

VeeReihenmotor6

Reaction score
Hi,

My wife has the basic spec pre facelift 2020 Technik Q2. There are no speakers in the rear doors, just wondering if anyone has any experience of retrofitting - are there wires already installed? Can you simply plug in replacement speakers?

The MMI has an option for fading front to back but it is locked in the central position, unlike my own Audi which allows you to fade front to back on the same screen.

I have OBDElevan and VCDS Lite for coding if necessary.

Thanks,

Yes very possible, I did something similar but in my case I upgraded from 8 speakers to 10 speakers (so adding the dashboard front speaker and subwoofer in the boot - what Audi refers to as the Audi Sound System) but I would assume that it would be a similar process. The fitting brackets/spaces should already be in the doors/door cards but there will be no cables, you will need to run new cables from the speakers to the back of the MMI. I am not sure if VCDS/ODB11 will be enough to turn them on, in my case I had to use VCP to flash a new dataset to the MMI to turn on the extra speakers (I.e. to activate the required pins behind the MMI).

Reactions: VeeReihenmotor6