wipers stopped working

lizart95

Reaction score
3 days ago my wiper stopped working all of a sudden.Only the front ones ,jets,rear wiper everything else on the stalk works.I did some digging and miraculously they came back.Until today ...same problem
the error both times was .No other codes anywhere

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/02071

there is no hid's installed ( i know about this since day 1 of owning the car) there are retrofits done but on the interior (door handle ligths and puddle lights,footwell lights, and the ashtray delete light they are OEM from a donor cars).

there is power to the motor and ground the purple lin cable was checked for continuity and there is (the first time I was poking at this problem) .The interesting thing now is that I can move the wipers with my hand but the first time they wouldn't move at all.The sensor on the bonnet is working fine and the bonnet is closed.

Last edited:
3 days ago my wiper stopped working all of a sudden.Only the front ones ,jets,rear wiper everything else on the stalk works.I did some digging and miraculously they came back.Until today ...same problem
the error both times was .No other codes anywhere

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/02071

there is no hid's installed ( i know about this since day 1 of owning the car) there are retrofits done but on the interior (door handle ligths and puddle lights,footwell lights, and the ashtray delete light they are OEM from a donor cars).

there is power to the motor and ground the purple lin cable was checked for continuity and there is (the first time I was poking at this problem) .The interesting thing now is that I can move the wipers with my hand but the first time they wouldn't move at all.The sensor on the bonnet is working fine and the bonnet is closed.

Have you installed HID headlights at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update : this morning I checked the ground and the 12 v they are fine and after a few tryouts nothing.Then I ordered second hand wiper mechanism (the whole thing) and decided to give a few light sprays with contact cleaner on mine and voila it works.This is not fun at all but in VCDS i saw something new....now when they work on extra in 09-Central Electronics it says "8P19551119 Wischer WWS Audi350 0130" yesterday when they did not work it said Fehler LIN-Slave 01

Last edited:
update 2 :The wipers are completely dead now the pcb inside the housing of the motor is the problem. They stopped working when I put them on max speed and wont turn on any more. Waiting for the replacement hopefully tomorrow