Strange mark on Paintwork

Jason1987

Reaction score
I’ve got some weird mark on my paint but it feels smooth as if it’s under the laquer and the water flows over it the same as the rest of the car (scratches look differently don’t they?) would this be a paint defect? A bird poo etc wouldn’t be smooth would it? And I’ve only had the car 6 months and it’s not been hot enough to burn anything to the paint and I wash car fairly often

Attachments

• IMG_5268.jpeg
    IMG_5268.jpeg
    982.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5266.jpeg
    IMG_5266.jpeg
    977.4 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Tzsteve
Looks like a moth landed on the paint in-between coats and left some of its scales behind!

lol what would Audi do if it is a paint defect? Compensation? Not sure they could fix it?

As it's still under warranty and not caused by external factor they should fix it. Warranty covers paint defects too if it's because of a flaw in the painting process.

Bird poo might not be impossible though. I've heard some cases where it affected deeper than the clearcoat, after polishing the mark was still there. I was warned of that when I got the black car.

As it's still under warranty and not caused by external factor they should fix it. Warranty covers paint defects too if it's because of a flaw in the painting process.

Bird poo might not be impossible though. I've heard some cases where it affected deeper than the clearcoat, after polishing the mark was still there. I was warned of that when I got the black car.
Does the fact it’s smooth to the touch and the water doesn’t run over it any differently; does that mean it’s not a light mark/scratch in the clear coat? As don’t scratches look different when the water runs over them? As I was hoping it was something simple like a stain but the fact the water flows the same worries me it’s a defect

Could be defect, could be infused acid or something from bird poo

Possible it won't get off if it's infused, I've heard of those. Show it to some expert.