Brake pads warning came on

rocha

Reaction score
Hi everyone Audi A6 c8 50tdi Quattro brake pads warning light came on took it to Audi dealer they brake pads are ok they is the wiring loom any suggestions or thoughts on this bought car 3 months ago from Ayr Audi regards AR

Seen a number of posts on various forums where the wire connecting to the pad has got damaged causing false alerts. Think if you remove the wheels (only the front pads have wear sensors) you should be able to see if the wire has been damaged

Reactions: rocha
i got mine from Glasgow exact same problem be aware that upon disconnecting pad sensors x2 aswell they fall apart £85 for 2 new sensors at tps! esy enough too change just wheel off job!

Ideally you want to at least take off the caliper to inspect the pads and clean and lube the sliders. Good excuse to clean the pads and ensure the brake carrier is spotless too. The car will use pad stainless shims/springs. As mentioned, the sensor wire clips onto the inner most pad, the sensor could be detached, or the wiring damaged? I'd use a little ceramic grease on the shoulders of the pads to seat them. As the car is just 3 months old, I assume its Audi Approved? It doesn't matter if you bought it from Ayr Audi, Aberdeen Audi are tied to the same warranty programme, so call them to get them to put it right. Normally the Approved Used warranty is for 1-2 years. To be honest, brake sensor wires shouldn't detach, so I'd want a proper look. When they prep these cars they do the bare minimum.

wiring is corroded 100 percent he will see why when he disconnects the wiring loom they located it in the most stupid of positions which retains water!

Ideally you want to at least take off the caliper to inspect the pads and clean and lube the sliders. Good excuse to clean the pads and ensure the brake carrier is spotless too. The car will use pad stainless shims/springs. As mentioned, the sensor wire clips onto the inner most pad, the sensor could be detached, or the wiring damaged? I'd use a little ceramic grease on the shoulders of the pads to seat them. As the car is just 3 months old, I assume its Audi Approved? It doesn't matter if you bought it from Ayr Audi, Aberdeen Audi are tied to the same warranty programme, so call them to get them to put it right. Normally the Approved Used warranty is for 1-2 years. To be honest, brake sensor wires shouldn't detach, so I'd want a proper look. When they prep these cars they do the bare minimum.
Hi thanks for the reply the is late 2019 model

Seen a number of posts on various forums where the wire connecting to the pad has got damaged causing false alerts. Think if you remove the wheels (only the front pads have wear sensors) you should be able to see if the wire has been damaged
Thanks for the reply