3.2 8P J104 Coding - Please

quattro xxo

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve inherited a 3.2 Sportback as a non runner and have an issue with the coding on the ABS control unit.
Managed to get it running with a new ignition switch.
Tyre pressure light is on, although it’s not fitted as there is no feature on the DIS on the dash panel. It looks to have had a used ABS control unit fitted at some stage and can only assume it’s never been coded from the old car.
My question is, I’ve checked the coding table on VCDS and there is no engine option for the 3.2 ?
So far I have 00640 for Quattro + 00008 for 1LK front brakes + 17025 for no TPMS fitted totalling 17673 without the engine value….

I guess once I have the engine value I could even code it in on 17 Instrument Cluster by coding in ? Either way, just need to get the light out for MOT.

Are any other 3.2 manual owners on here that could give me their ABS coding please?
Thanks again for your help

Depends if it's a facelift long coding or short coding version.

Just from your numbers it seems it's short coding, just code up & see what it does.

Long coding needs the calculation done with vin etc.

Depends if it's a facelift long coding or short coding version.

Just from your numbers it seems it's short coding, just code up & see what it does.

Long coding needs the calculation done with vin etc.
Yes, it’s pre facelift so standard coding. Didn’t like any of the codes I put in for any of the engine variants or even 0 for 3.2 not being listed.
Very odd indeed