99 t plate S3

mintie

Reaction score
just a quick one I thought that all S3s came with a front strut brace.
My mate has just bought his and after lifting the lid that was the one thing that I noticed.
Was it an option?????.
He also has the half leather and blue stuff, surely this must have come out of another car because his car is silver.:think:

interior is standard (all comes down to what option was ticked when it was ordered), not sure about the strut brace, i dont think my S3 has one.

nope, only cars after a certain age came with an upper strut brace. Not sure what year though, but it was sometime in the transition between pre and post facelifts.

As for the seats, you could order whatever weird and wonderful combinations of seat and car colour you wanted - it doesn't mean that they have been swapped, the original owner may have had bad taste.

I think the strut brace wasn't standard right at the start of the model run. As a T plate, this will be a very early one.

Ref. the blue interior I have a 99 model year (effective 01/02/99) brochure and there is no mention of colour combinations. So I guess you could order what colour seats you fancied rather than being tied into any particular combinations.

Mine's a T99 S3, and I didn't have a strut brace on mine, I only noticed it after attending a rolling road day looking at other S3 engine bays. I have one now though.... :)

Mines a 2000 X and it has a strut brace.
Nik.

The only reason that I asked was that my S3 is a 99 on a V plate and all the S3s that Ive seen have always had the strut brace

mines a V reg and it didn't have one standard either

i have a digital clock but didn't have the brace as standard.

I have fitted the Audi one now and i certainly thought i could feel a difference when i fitted it

Had a look when i got back to my car last night and mine has a strut brace, 2000 w reg