Speech Dialogue

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
Hello,
I wonder if someone may be able to point me in the right direction...
I have a 2017 Audi A3 and my Samsung Galaxy S23 ultra has been paired to it with no issue for over a year. As was the phone I had before that.
I took my car for a service and MOT at Audi and ever since then, whenever I say "OK google, play the Stereophonics on spotify" or whatever I'm asking my phone, rather than just do it like it always had done, I know get a message saying, "The mobile phone's speech recognition function is ready. The Audi MMI only has limited functionality. Please follow the instructions on your mobile phone".
It gives me the option to confirm or cancel but whatever I chose it kind of hangs there.
If I click confirm by the time it acknowledges it the song is about 30 seconds in.
I've deleted my phone from the system with the Bluetooth connection manager and reset the head unit by holding the radio and nav buttons and pressing the wheen down where it shuts itself off and starts again.

It seems trivial but its doing my head in. Audi have said it's "coincidental"...

Any other suggestions would be great.

Attachments

• 20240229_100058.jpg
    20240229_100058.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
they must've done an update to the MMI while the car was in or your phone has updated itself and somehow it created this problem... you can roll back the update if you want on the phone but if that doesn't make a difference the MMI is at fault and should be sorted by audi(not sure if your car still is under warranty but in general an update should not cause problems like this)

Reactions: WelshWoody83