Thermostat brand

ab1702

Reaction score
I dont suppose anyone knows what brand the genuine thermostats in housing are?
TPS will not sell me one and I only want a genuine one.
Car is 2009 tdi, CBBB engine.

And why can't you buy from a dealer direct, tps is businesses only these days, but dealerships aren't.

And why can't you buy from a dealer direct, tps is businesses only these days, but dealerships aren't.
Because like with anything else it’s cheaper not to get it from the dealer. TPS want £98 but won’t sell me one so god knows what Audi would want. I can get a gates one for £60 but not sure if it’s the same as what Audi/tps use or not.

Because like with anything else it’s cheaper not to get it from the dealer. TPS want £98 but won’t sell me one so god knows what Audi would want. I can get a gates one for £60 but not sure if it’s the same as what Audi/tps use or not.

Give these a call.
They supply OEM parts.
I used them for a Golf 7 GTD service kit.

IMG 4629

Sent from under the bridge…..

Tbh given it's location & the job to do, this is one item I'd be buying from Audi, you don't want to scrimp on this & let's be honest £98 over many years is nothing, you'll probably never change it again, on that car anyway.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Tbh given it's location & the job to do, this is one item I'd be buying from Audi, you don't want to scrimp on this & let's be honest £98 over many years is nothing, you'll probably never change it again, on that car anyway.
That’s exactly what I’m doing, not worth the messing about really is it. The person who’s doing it for me knows someone with a tps account so going to do that

Ive just had one done on my daughters Tiguan tdi. bought the stat from Darkside Developments.,Cheaper than dealers and came with seals.Genuine VW

Ive just had one done on my daughters Tiguan tdi. bought the stat from Darkside Developments.,Cheaper than dealers and came with seals.Genuine VW
Only just seen this. I only live 5 minutes away from darkside aswell.
I went with a gates thermostat as I don’t know how true this is but apparently they make them for Audi and the water pumps etc. The cars in bits at the minute waiting on a replacement O ring though as it never came with one.

I would have gone OEM for the stat, an extra £30/40 is nothing. Gates will very likely be fine but i’m 99% sure they do not make the original part for Audi.

It’s in now anyway and it’s been running perfect for a few days now. It actually gets to 90 on temp gauge and stays there now.
I wanted to get a genuine one but him who did it for me assured me a gates stat would be fine so I trusted him and tbf it’s spot on so all is good.

Reactions: ahtcap