Another Climate Control System question

CKAJCA

Reaction score
Today the outside temperature was 26 celcius. I had the left AUTO button pressed and the right A - M button set so that the A was illuminated. I also had the temperature set to 20 celcius. The white fan was on and it sounded as though it was running at a very high speed. With the AUTO button on I expected the fan to start off on high speed so as to reduce the temperature down to 20 celcius. When the internal temperature was getting to 20 celcius I expected the fan speed to slow down to maintain 20 celcius. Even though the temperature felt like it had dropped to 20 celcius the fan speed didn't sound as though it had changed from high speed. Am I misunderstanding the way the CCS works or is there a problem? Thanks.
Colin

In my experience, you are correct: the blower speed should automatically adjust to conditions, when Auto is selected. . Typically, it only runs at higher speeds when the the cabin temperature is different to the target temperature.

It is possible to reduce the fan speed, whilst still remaining in auto, by setting the aircon mode from ON to ECO.

Reactions: CKAJCA
In my experience, you are correct: the blower speed should automatically adjust to conditions, when Auto is selected. . Typically, it only runs at higher speeds when the the cabin temperature is different to the target temperature.

It is possible to reduce the fan speed, whilst still remaining in auto, by setting the aircon mode from ON to ECO.
Thanks