Service history

Sbrogan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as the title really.

I'm looking at a 2010 S3 which claims to have a full service history (65k mile manual, totally standard, wants 10k for it) but upon enquiry there's no record of belts/water pump being done and no record of any haldex oil/filter changes.

Seller claims full service history just means it's been serviced every year (oil etc). This is a massive red flag yeah? Or am I being overly cautious.

Hi everyone, as the title really.

I'm looking at a 2010 S3 which claims to have a full service history (65k mile manual, totally standard, wants 10k for it) but upon enquiry there's no record of belts/water pump being done and no record of any haldex oil/filter changes.

Seller claims full service history just means it's been serviced every year (oil etc). This is a massive red flag yeah? Or am I being overly cautious.

If they can’t prove any of it’s been done then tell them the price must reflect this as you need to get done once purchased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they can’t prove any of it’s been done then tell them the price must reflect this as you need to get done once purchased

Sellers offering to come to a deal involving the timing belt/pump with receipts.

I'm most edgy about the haldex services, worst case the oil/filter has never been changed. How sensitive is the system to old oil/wear?

Sellers offering to come to a deal involving the timing belt/pump with receipts.

I'm most edgy about the haldex services, worst case the oil/filter has never been changed. How sensitive is the system to old oil/wear?

Unfortunately I can’t help on that one.
Call and ask an Audi dealer if unsure.

Haldex as far as i know is not classed as a serviceable part . But lads either do it themself or get a garage to do it at what milage that i couldn't say . I know when i bought my S3 5yrs ago i know the Haldex had never been done and it was fine at 113,000 miles but as i got a service done i asked garage to do gear box oil , diff oil plus haldex .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: ahtcap