Chip on edge of door

Trevolly

Reaction score
Hi all.

Could anyone offer any advice on a chip I have on the edge of my rear passenger door? I gave my neighbour a lift and she accidentally opened the door against a wall (she’s offered to pay for a repair but it was an accident and she was v upset, crying). I’ve contacted multiple repairers and just get told they either wanna respray the whole door or it’s too small a job for them.

The chip is approx 5mm x 4mm. I’ve bought a Chip Ex kit (I’ve a few stone chips I’ll look at later in the year) I don’t have access to buffers etc.
A few people have said just slowly build up layers of paint….. some have said use a tiny bit of filler.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1889.jpeg
    IMG_1889.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 37
Build the layers & when flat, rush down with some 2000 grade with water & fairy liquid, then touch up again, I wouldn't use filler in such a small area.

Yes tbh unless it's a chip company, whole panel is the usual path & problem with chip companies is if they do a blend into the panel areas it may not look the same.

Reactions: Trevolly
Build the layers & when flat, rush down with some 2000 grade with water & fairy liquid, then touch up again, I wouldn't use filler in such a small area.

Yes tbh unless it's a chip company, whole panel is the usual path & problem with chip companies is if they do a blend into the panel areas it may not look the same.
Thank you.