[A3 - 8Y] DSG Reset

Encode_GR

Reaction score
Hey there :)

I've noticed some jerky acceleration lately (mostly on high traffic / low speed) on my A3 8Y 35TFSI DSG7.
I've seen various videos on how to do a DSG reset to basic settings, without software, but i'm not sure if those apply to the A3 8Y with the DSG 7 Speed.
It's usually like:
  1. Turn on ignition
  2. Fully depress gas (kickdown) for ~20 seconds
  3. Release gas pedal
  4. Turn off ignition
I've tried it a couple of times, but didn't notice any change. Has anyone performed a DSG reset on an Audi A3 8Y DSG 7-Speed ? Did you have any success ?
If so, you could you please share the exact steps you followed or any tips on why i may be doing it wrong ?

Cheers :)

Hey there :)

I've noticed some jerky acceleration lately (mostly on high traffic / low speed) on my A3 8Y 35TFSI DSG7.
I've seen various videos on how to do a DSG reset to basic settings, without software, but i'm not sure if those apply to the A3 8Y with the DSG 7 Speed.
It's usually like:
  1. Turn on ignition
  2. Fully depress gas (kickdown) for ~20 seconds
  3. Release gas pedal
  4. Turn off ignition
I've tried it a couple of times, but didn't notice any change. Has anyone performed a DSG reset on an Audi A3 8Y DSG 7-Speed ? Did you have any success ?
If so, you could you please share the exact steps you followed or any tips on why i may be doing it wrong ?

Cheers :)

Update:

Turns out some people followed fairly different steps. Will try them out and let you know.
For anyone who's interested, here are the suggested steps for DSG7:
  1. Car must be on park position with handbrake.
  2. Press the gas all the way down.
  3. Start now the car, but don't start the engine. With the foot on the gas wait at least 60s (I heard click during this time).
  4. Now turn the car off, but don't release of the throttle.
  5. Wait now 60s more on the gas (adjusting noise from under the car).
  6. Now you can get out off the car and go outside the car.
  7. Lock the car and unlock.

Reactions: nutter2
Does the dsg adapt to how you drive? As mine seems a bit revvy sometimes in D, mostly when cold though

Does the dsg adapt to how you drive? As mine seems a bit revvy sometimes in D, mostly when cold though
As far as i know yes, over time.
I would assume most things that feel slightly off when cold, are "expected / ok".

People think it does, but in reality, you adapt to its foibles over time to minimise their inconvenience. It doesn't "learn" your driving style, that would be truly great feat of AI.