PLA 3.0 Retrofit Assistance

q2us3r

Reaction score
Hi all,

A bit of an odd one. A3 2018 FL, front and rear sensors from factory, just finished fitting the PLA sensors, new module and new button. No errors in VCDS, button works but nothing is displayed in the main MMI screen at all. If I put the car in reverse I can see the extra four sensors working perfectly in the OPS diagram, and if I press the PLA on and then off the cluster tells me that PLA has been turned off as it should. But nothing in displayed in MMI screen while the PLA button is on....

Coding is fairly simple:
ABS 03: Byte 26 Bit 4 and Bit 6: enable
Instrument Cluster 17: Byte 13 Bit 0: enable
Steering Assist 44, enable: Byte 0 Bit 1: enable
PLA 10: select equipment that car has.

PLA 3.0 module is 5QA 919 298 D

any ideas? does the MMI need a firmware update? or am I missing some coding? anyone seen anything like this before?

Could this be due to an incorrect dataset/parameters on the parking module? I noticed that the donor car was a VW Golf, and also saw that of all the MQB cars that use this PLA 3.0 module only the Audi A3 FL and Audi Q2 display the PLA graphics/guide in the main MMI screen while all the other models that use this module (from VWs, Seats, Skoda's, etc) display it on the actual instrument cluster. Could the parameters of the parking module be controlling this? Any idea @DJAlix ? :)

All working now - it was indeed incorrect parameters in the parking module, once flashed with Audi A3 parameters everything started working like it should :)

20231224 144440