P08500 park Neutral switch input circuit

Kai23

Reaction score
Hi i have 2013 a3 tdi 2.0 s line, it’s automatic, the car has 33k low mileage, and out of no where the vehicle has just not started as I pulled up to pick my son up from school

The engine management light on and coil light is flashing, when I moved the gear selector and switch ignition on and off it comes off when In neutral, as soon as I select p they come back on, it’s not even trying to start at all, I left the vehicle there overnight, and come back next morning to plug in the diagnostic machine and has given me fault code

P085000 park/neutral input circuit

I had a fiddle about and don’t know how but got the car started by messing around with wires near selector and the moving selector up and down, but soon as I got the vehicle home nothing again car refuses to start and it’s saying select n or p

I done some research and found a switch what can be fitted to the top of the selector and ordered and fitted it this morning, car started straight away and no problem driving at all no fault codes either

I return home after test driving it ran perfect no issues, soon as I pulled up tried to start again and to find the problem is not solved as it’s done the same thing again and now won’t turn over or start

Now showing fault codes

P085000 park neutral circuit input
U048200 invalid data received from steering angle sensor

It is a modus ultra I have and I’m baffled to why the car would start and run perfect but soon as it’s driven and parked and turned off nothing and then shows same codes when off & stationary when the selector is in P only

I did think possibly a fuse but then realised if it was a blown fuse it wouldn’t start next day and run fine & then again a week later

Could anyone help me to what it possibly could be?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7118.jpeg
    IMG_7118.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 138