Weird Headlight Issue

greenberry

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm back once again with another weird question.
I've had a problem for a while with my right lowbeam/headlight on my 2011 Audi a7. It's the bi-xenon one.
If I start my car from it being off for atleast 10 minutes the headlight on the right side always starts, all good so far.
Now if I f.ex. go to a store close to me, turn off the car, do a quick shop stop for about 5 minutes and go back out to my car and start it, the right side headlight flickers a couple of times and doesn't completely "start". If I put it on parking lights, wait for a couple of minutes then back to the headlight mode the right side usually starts again.

If the headlight actually starts as it's supposed to, it never turns off if I don't turn off my car. So it doesn't casually stop glowing. it's just after quick stops,

I've exchanged the "bulb" to no avail. What would be the next step from here? Ballast? Try exchanging the bulbs again just to double check?

Swap headlight module sides & see if the issue changes to the other aide.,that'll help answer hopefully.

Hello.

I'm back once again with another weird question.
I've had a problem for a while with my right lowbeam/headlight on my 2011 Audi a7. It's the bi-xenon one.
If I start my car from it being off for atleast 10 minutes the headlight on the right side always starts, all good so far.
Now if I f.ex. go to a store close to me, turn off the car, do a quick shop stop for about 5 minutes and go back out to my car and start it, the right side headlight flickers a couple of times and doesn't completely "start". If I put it on parking lights, wait for a couple of minutes then back to the headlight mode the right side usually starts again.

If the headlight actually starts as it's supposed to, it never turns off if I don't turn off my car. So it doesn't casually stop glowing. it's just after quick stops,

I've exchanged the "bulb" to no avail. What would be the next step from here? Ballast? Try exchanging the bulbs again just to double check?

Certainly does sound like the ballast.
Quite a few similar threads on here and other forums usually indicating ballast/igniter
Are you able to try swapping them and testing?

Yeah. Will do while doing another job on my car next week. Thanks for answering. Yeah, i've read alot. But seems like some say "if it's the ballast it's either working or not". That is what got me confused.