Q7 2017 Q5- MMI FREEZES and crashes every hour on long journeys.

John Dinley

Reaction score
I have taken the car into my dealership who have interrogated the diagnostics and shown ‘no problems’. They then tell me there is nothing they can do under warranty as diagnostics does not show a problem! Any point in contacting Audi UK?

Hi, John, welcome to ASN. You mentioned a warranty for a 2017 car, so presumably that’s a used car warranty in the form of an insurance policy. What do the policy terms say about cover for defective MMI?

I have a full Audi extended warranty but because ’diagnostics' can’t detect a problems, my local dealer tells me that Audi won’t allow a warranty investigation which would probably mean changing some of the electronics of the MMI!

Would suggest that you have a possible overheating issue. I would pop the unit out and while connected check to see if the fan comes on. Software / firmware update always good also.

Thank you. That is what I suggested to the Main Dealer but they said as the diagnostics came up normal there was nothing further to add! Still waitin for something else to go!