A4 b8 auto hold retrofit

NikolayNachev1995

Reaction score
hi i am new here i have a problem with my auto hold key i have retrofited the button and the wiring harnes and coded with vcds every thing works fine but the button indicator light doesnt came on i know that the button is good i tested it what coud be wrong the wires are ok i checked it with elsa every thing shoud be ok but no light please help :)

Hi, so when you press hill hold, it activates and you see the green P on the dials display? But you don't have the light showing on the button? Is that what you mean?

Sent from my NE2213 using Tapatalk

Yes the green light came on the auto hold is holding but no light that indicates its on on the button i know the button is fine becous i tested it on another car :)

IMG 20231113 070937

And does the switch illuminate normally with the other buttons when you turn the lights on? Or the whole switch is dark when you switch the headlights on?

If the whole thing is dark then you may have a loose or disconnected wire from the switch to the convenience module under the steering column area that controls the illumination of the buttons. I believe it's the J519 T32a/31 (lot of illumination devices on this, this is basically the "interior lights on" line)

If the button does illuminate normally with the lights on but not showing bright red when switched on...then I don't know.

Maybe check the full coding again but if it's working and you don't have errors then it would seem it's activated correctly.