Sport exhaust’s option

M12soh

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been asked many times
So apologies in advance
I’m looking for an rs4 2019-2021 my
But how do you know if it has the sports exhaust
Is it part of comfort and sound package?
One sales guy told me it comes with the comfort and sound pack but I thought that would be an interior pack ?
Even when calling Audi about a few cars I’m getting different opinions!
And unless stated on an advert I don’t know if it’s got it
Do they have black tips?

Look for PR code “0P6” on the production sticker in the boot floor.

Appreciate that mate but most cars are down south so was hoping to be sure before going to see any
Honestly the Audi sales guys are clueless they just want the sale! One guy said today they all come with sports exhausts because they are sports cars!!

if it’s at an Audi dealer the options should be listed in the advert. You can always ask for a photo of the PR code sticker.

I’m looking for an rs4 2019-2021

Looking for a sports exhaust on cars with the OPF is a bit of a moot point if you are looking for the best sound. Any reason you are not looking at 2017/2018 cars that had no OPF? I am not sure of the exact cutoff date or what else changed from MY2018 to MY2019.

Looking for a sports exhaust on cars with the OPF is a bit of a moot point if you are looking for the best sound. Any reason you are not looking at 2017/2018 cars that had no OPF? I am not sure of the exact cutoff date or what else changed from MY2018 to MY2019.

Would you want a car that early built though when the roller rockers are a potential failure point.
I wouldn’t unless I knew they’d been changed for ones that don’t fall apart and lunch the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: flybynite
Would you want a car that early built though when the roller rockers are a potential failure point.
I wouldn’t unless I knew they’d been changed for ones that don’t fall apart and lunch the engine.
But you could say that about the DAZA too, a few of them been taken out by those rockers. If the car has been looked after and oil changed then I think it is less of a problem lots of those V6 around, failures are a small percentage. Fewer RS4 been owned by wide boys and messed with than RS3. Easier to preventively change the rockers on the V6 than the DAZA too, would be one of my first jobs.

I was caught napping in 2017/18 and didn't see the OPFs coming, missed the boat new. Found a unicorn of an RS3, been on the lookout for an RS4 ever since but lightning doesn't strike twice it seems.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I’d prefer to go newer than the car I have and that’s a 2019!
Hence why I’d rather get the sports exhaust just to try and help it sound better

I’d prefer to go newer than the car I have and that’s a 2019!
Hence why I’d rather get the sports exhaust just to try and help it sound better
Fair enough if you want the newer car, it all depends on the spec you want and how fussy you are about it. If the exhaust is all you want then stick with it.

For me the other spec is quite important and I would not walk away from the right car for an exhaust as that is an easy retrofit.

Only thing I would say is go and listen to a few. For me the exhaust did not make much difference and not as much say as the sport exhaust on an OPF RS3 let alone a non-OPF RS3. You may find the reality is not worth the the effort or possible compromise on other spec.

Fair enough if you want the newer car, it all depends on the spec you want and how fussy you are about it. If the exhaust is all you want then stick with it.

For me the other spec is quite important and I would not walk away from the right car for an exhaust as that is an easy retrofit.

Only thing I would say is go and listen to a few. For me the exhaust did not make much difference and not as much say as the sport exhaust on an OPF RS3 let alone a non-OPF RS3. You may find the reality is not worth the the effort or possible compromise on other spec.
Thanks very much for the advice mate