Parking sensors

Cb1234

Reaction score
Hi,

just bought an 8Y tonight, noticed once i got home that the parking sensors arent working and the MMI parking aid option is greyed out, when i click on parking aid it is saying function currently unavailable. Does anyone know a quick fix or is it a trip back to the dealer?

Depends if the car was ordered with the sensor pack. If it wasn't then all you'll get is the reversing beeps, if you want it enabled you're looking at circa £450ish from one of the aftermarket companies to sort it.

Depends if the car was ordered with the sensor pack. If it wasn't then all you'll get is the reversing beeps, if you want it enabled you're looking at circa £450ish from one of the aftermarket companies to sort it.
Thanks for coming back. I’m not even getting the beep :(

Same thing on my Wifes 22 Plate A3. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. Only workaround she finds is checking if it's greyed out before setting off. Turning the engine on and off and checking, if still greyed out, on and off again, eventually it works! This is one of MANY electrical problems she's having. Cars been a piece of **** since day 1, yet Audi (despite then having it back in the workshop multiple times) always say "We can't find anything wrong". It's due to go back next in December for another round of diagnostics. This time however, we've got video evidence of a multitude of issues to prove what we are saying!