ABS Issues - Spongey Break Pedal

shauneddie

Reaction score
I've recently sent my abs module to ECU Testing for repair as i had the break servo restriction error on my dashboard along with brake fault, stop vehicle. The module has been fitted by a mechanic, however, fault codes are still present, with the abs light now showing. The brake pedal itself is very spongey, despite the system being bled. When trying to clear the codes, they keep coming back. The main code being as per attached photo - C200300 ABS Valves, Faulty, surely if my systems been repaired, then this shouldn't be coming up?

can you please provide some guidance?

Attachments

• 1697825449389.png
    1697825449389.png
    328.9 KB · Views: 70
I've recently sent my abs module to ECU Testing for repair as i had the break servo restriction error on my dashboard along with brake fault, stop vehicle. The module has been fitted by a mechanic, however, fault codes are still present, with the abs light now showing. The brake pedal itself is very spongey, despite the system being bled. When trying to clear the codes, they keep coming back. The main code being as per attached photo - C200300 ABS Valves, Faulty, surely if my systems been repaired, then this shouldn't be coming up?

can you please provide some guidance?

View attachment 271416

Is this linked to this error? If you had ABS pump rebuilt, did you replace the pressure sensor with a genuine part? I don’t don’t see that error listed on searches, what were you scanning with Autel or similar? Be useful to clear codes with VCDS and rescan.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wae35yXo3aM

On spongy pedal, sort the error first in case it’s still the ABS module. I know when bled the brakes on my B8 (full rebuild) it was a pain. I ended up using a Laser brake reservoir tool so I was always pulling in fresh fluid, and it took a while to resolve

Is this linked to this error? If you had ABS pump rebuilt, did you replace the pressure sensor with a genuine part? I don’t don’t see that error listed on searches, what were you scanning with Autel or similar? Be useful to clear codes with VCDS and rescan.

On spongy pedal, sort the error first in case it’s still the ABS module. I know when I bled the brakes on my B8 (full rebuild) it was a pain. I ended up using a Laser brake reservoir tool so I was always pulling in fresh fluid, and it took a while to resolve.