Rear Bumper Damage, Help??

Mike12-1

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a slight rear bumper damage from a driver performing a 3 point turn.
(Audi A4 2015, grey)
How bad is the damage from the picture and how much do you reckon it will cost to sort out?

*edit: Would rather not go through insurance, but will if needed. Want to get an idea of how much it would cost*

Attachments

• IMG_3991.jpg
    IMG_3991.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Just get insurer to fix as it's no fault on your side so won't go against you as assume your car was stationary, bumper can be repaired.

Just get insurer to fix as it's no fault on your side so won't go against you as assume your car was stationary, bumper can be repaired.
Not my car, the guy said he would rather not go through insurance (he is insured) and would pay for the cost.

Just need a general idea before i get it checked out, thanks.

Then tell the owner to use insurance as these situations become worse, make life easy.

These days it's £4-500 to be done properly but the bumper needs repair work 1st.

Or get a quite from a reputable garage, if they agree then get paid upfront to you or the garage before any work starts, if they say no then go through insurance.

Do not use a garage they suggest as it's doubtful they're of a quality you'd need.

Then tell the owner to use insurance as these situations become worse, make life easy.

These days it's £4-500 to be done properly but the bumper needs repair work 1st.

Or get a quite from a reputable garage, if they agree then get paid upfront to you or the garage before any work starts, if they say no then go through insurance.

Do not use a garage they suggest as it's doubtful they're of a quality you'd need.

Both parties rather settle outside insurance if it doesn't cost too much to sort out.

Owner wants to make sure it's not too bad since they can't tell as they aren't a car person. For me it looks like light-deep body scratches.

Would you say it can get buffed/painted easily to look normal?

Also, do you think it would require a bumper replacement?

We know a couple reliable garages but will have to get it looked at tomorrow evening.

That's not buffing out, the plastic has been deformed & some is hanging down a bit plus the valance is damaged, it needs to go through insurance imho, it can be repaired but you'll be lucky to get change out of £500 tbh, probably more.

Both owners should read the small print on their insurance schedules, or risk invalidating their insurance by not reporting the incident.

A couple of small, non fault claims still went against me with my insurance premium, although not by a particularly huge amount. I think around £40 odd. Where it has caused a problem is with trying to get insurance for mods.

A couple of small, non fault claims still went against me with my insurance premium, although not by a particularly huge amount. I think around £40 odd. Where it has caused a problem is with trying to get insurance for mods.
Was just about to say this. Making a claim regardless if its your fault or not can still affect your insurance premiums quite a bit.

And five long years to no longer be recognised. It's ridiculous, but they seem to be able to make up any rules they want.

Reactions: The Jargen
@Mike12-1 I've just had someone hit the bumper of my A4 B9 last week. Similar level of damage. Got 3 quotes so far, just over 500 for a fill and paint type job, 1400ish for a local bodyshop and around 2350 at an Audi dealer. I think the last 2 of those are replacement bumper jobs. Going to see a couple more places and see what they say but gives you an idea if you haven't already got your own quotes

Reactions: Mike12-1