I hate people who vandalise and damage cars on purpose.

audi 3 man

audi a3 sportback man
Reaction score
My rant for today
: don't you just hate people who damage and vandalise cars on purpose? Someone has scratched my Audi A3 while it was parked on my driveway, I'm going to get cctv cameras. I'm fed up of receiving damage to my car by car vandals, I'll lose my insurance no claims to get paint damage sorted arrr.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some morons out there unfortunately.

How badly scratched? You'll be amazed what can be polished out, or these smart repairers can do for around the same or less than your excess.

Reactions: audi 3 man
This is a massive peev of mind. Simply no need for it.

Horrible jealousy :angry:

im really upset someone scratched my car but no one saw them do it because i have a 13yrs old audi a3 someone is jealous there scum who target peoples cars its gonna cost me 200 quid to put right,

Sorry to hear that mate :cry:.

How bad is the scratch? Maybe worth getting it privately if not too bad.

Sorry to hear that mate :cry:.

How bad is the scratch? Maybe worth getting it privately if not too bad.
hi pal.thanks its sad that there is sick car vandels around has i look after my a3 the deep scratch its on the corner of passengers side on the front of roof a huge long deep scratch in the corner its made me really angry when i see it that scratch that some idiot vandel did im very upset been thinking i might get chips away to come to my home to repair it has dont want to claim on my car insurance has i have a 250 exes to pay it would be cheaper with chips away a cost effective scratch repair,its really got me down has i love my a3 8p.take care m8 ,

Last edited:
hi pal.thanks its sad that there is sick car vandels around has i look after my a3 the deep scratch its on the corner of passengers side on the front of roof a huge long deep scratch in the corner its made me really angry when i see it that scratch that some idiot vandel did im very upset been thinking i might get chips away to come to my home to repair it has dont want to claim on my car insurance has i have a 250 exes to pay it would be cheaper with chips away a cost effective scratch repair,its really got me down has i love my a3 8p.take care m8 ,
As you said, theres no need for it whatsoever. 5 minute vandalism for them and its us that has to pay for it in damages. I hope you manage to get it fixed without too much trouble. Take care of the car and it will take care of you. All the best.

im really low has its hit me hard mentally and in my pocket having my a3 scratched its affected me i hate people who damage cars ,im sad

ive been really low because someone is targeting my a3 i may have to sell it has fed up of the hassle its affected my mental health im ill.no one were i live has a audi on there drive,mines a 10 plate so i cant understand why someone scratched my roof it must be jealousy,im sad,,

Sickening. I think the CCTV is a good idea.
your right its sickening m8,its really got to me because i look after my old 8p a3 there is some sick evil nasty cruel people around hell bent to cause car damage and upset they get a kick out of it i cant afford to get CCTV cammeras just yet bills come 1st.its hell were i live m8..

im gutted someone is targeting my audi a3 i have more scratches on it now im livid so i might have to sell my car its all hassle i dont need,

Sorry to hear that there has been more damage. Can you get something like a Ring doorbell / camera and position it so it is looking over the car and set to alert when it detects motion?

Sorry to hear that there has been more damage. Can you get something like a Ring doorbell / camera and position it so it is looking over the car and set to alert when it detects motion?
its really frustrating has i cannot afford cctv m8.i will catch them then name and shame them i hate car vandels there really evil .

why should i sell my 8p a3 tdi because of vandels and now just found out its not ULEZ complient.life is a real pain sometimes but i love my old mint a3 arrr.

Reactions: EwanBull
Unfortunately retrofitting options don't really exist for ULEZ compliance. As I understand it, you would need to get a certificate of compliance from the manufacturer with those retrofitted options to get the status changed. Not something achievable as far as I am aware.

Imported cars can get proof of compliance from the manufacturers but there isn't much else that can be done. There would be lots of people coming forwards if it were possible.

I believe the OP is in an area which currently doesn't have clean air zones. Birmingham or Sheffield would be the closest ones I would have thought. So may not be an issue for a while, but unfortunately it will come to most major urban areas in the next decade or so.

For monitoring the car, whilst CCTV would be the best option as the OP says it is quite expensive. This is why I mentioned a Ring doorbell. Relatively cheap to buy and can be set up for motion detection, live notification and for a small subscription cloud storage of the video captured. It doesn't need the doorbell to be pressed to work. If you get the battery powered one then you can position it anywhere you and can disguise it so it is not obvious where it is and the batter will last several months and tell you when it needs recharging. All pretty user friendly for the not technical as well. If the car can be monitored from the front door it can be used for that purpose as well of course, or repositioned for that layter once the culprit has been identified and persuaded not to repeat.

Reactions: EwanBull
My post above doesn't make the most sense now that the previous post has been removed which was suggesting retrofitting ULEZ compliant options.

Can't edit it so just wanted to say that the post above was not a response to the OP's ULEZ compliance post.

My rant for today
: don't you just hate people who damage and vandalise cars on purpose? Someone has scratched my Audi A3 while it was parked on my driveway, I'm going to get cctv cameras. I'm fed up of receiving damage to my car by car vandals, I'll lose my insurance no claims to get paint damage sorted ive not caught no one yet but i recon its
jealous neighbours who scratch my a3 if i catch them ill call 101 and the police will be informed.aaaarrrr

ive not lived in the area long and i think jealous neighbours scratched and damaged my nice older ruby pearlesant garnet red audi 2010 se 1.6di sportback a3 on my driveway while i was walking my 2 dogs im looking into get verisure cctv door cameras but there expensive to buy and i cant afford it,i hate people who vandelise cars and if i catch anyone they will be repoted to the police and named and shamed,dam idiots who touch my a3 ,arrr.

more scratces arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr dam jealous neighbours must have done it

You really need to get cctv and they don't cost the earth these days. I had a horrible Pearson living next door to me and she put the back windows out on my merc and golf a few yrs ago. The police weren't interested even with the excellent cctv I have so she got dealt with in other ways.

You work hard to have nice things and these people think it's fun to make you miserable