New Passat Variant revealed

JKP

Reaction score
https://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2024-passat_variant/

RIP the last decent non-SUV Volkswagen design with functional user interface. All that's wrong with the Golf 8 seems to be found here, even though Volkswagen has been promising they'll give us back some of the most important button controls. I was hoping that would happen with the new Passat, singe the outgoing model never got the touch controls, even though Arteon got them by facelift.

I'm gonna miss the confident, engineer-like lines of the outgoing Passat, but most importantly the driver's surroundings with pretty much the best usability in the industry. If I needed more transport space, I'd buy one of the last ones right away.

Am I the only one who thinks this looks a bit dull? Even the R.

Last edited:
I think it does. Lines overally are much less confident thant on the current car, and the obligatory "aggressive" front gape looks just stupid in front of those softened lines.

Looks like a parts bin car where they have taken other models and just thrown them together. The front looks like they took a Golf front end and bolted it on without blending it into the lines at all. As for that interior :( I like digital interiors but thats a mess.

There was one on display by the local VW dealer. I have to take back some of my earlier rant as the car actually felt pretty decent, even stylish. After sitting in some of the EV's it felt comfortably traditionally car-like but still modern. The screen was more tolerable than in some earlier representations, especially the Golf. But there's no denying it looks less pronounced than the predecessor, even in the flesh.