Bosch 550 Injectors

whizz371

Reaction score
Hi All.

I am changing over to Bosch 550 injectors 0280158117. I have an S3 8L BAM. I have had some conflicting advice, I would be grateful if some one could confirm please. My understanding is mechanically they drop straight in when using an OEM fuel rail. Electrically they need an adaptor to EV 14. Cheers.

Yes... assuming they are 117s the adapters are like 5 quid for 4 on ebay, you might have to relax the wires as the adapters make the wires a bit tight on a couple of the connectors

You do need to remap your car... to adjust the voltage and flow rate of your new injectors... although as you have a BAM, I expect the wideband O2 sensor will work overtime to try and settle the fueling.. (it will be impossible, so get the correct adjustments)..

It's only 3 key settings then you should run the nefariousmotorsports.com advised processes to correct the FKIS (minute adjustments) of fueling partial throttle injector on-time timing.. you need to have healthy short-term and long-term fuel trims before getting over excited and increasing the load to ~240%