In build!

soprano54

Reaction score
I’ve just had an email from Audi saying that my S3 is now ‘In Build’ and will be another 3 weeks before it is complete! Anyone else had a similar email and are they being realistic?

I’ve just had an email from Audi saying that my S3 is now ‘In Build’ and will be another 3 weeks before it is complete! Anyone else had a similar email and are they being realistic?
I had that email earlier in the year for mine. According to my dealership it wasn’t built until 2 weeks after that email and only takes a week to build not 3. In reality the end date was the same though .

I ordered a black edition tdi with tech pack pro in June and it’s on its way as of yesterday. It’s been built 12 days so pretty quick.

When did did you order?

I've got a S3 Saloon Vorsprung on order.... got the in build email exactly 4 weeks ago...

And its still in build 4 weeks later! Latest from the dealership last week was that the factory was "waiting for the last remaining parts". Obviously being a Vorsprung there are more parts than other configurations and hopefully won't be much longer. A just in time assembly line probably isn't going to start a build unless they know when the components will arrive - so I'm guessing a unexpected issue has happened which has caused the delay.

Hoping it will get resolved ASAP and I can get a collection in September.

Reactions: vatdim
I've got a S3 Saloon Vorsprung on order.... got the in build email exactly 4 weeks ago...

And its still in build 4 weeks later! Latest from the dealership last week was that the factory was "waiting for the last remaining parts". Obviously being a Vorsprung there are more parts than other configurations and hopefully won't be much longer. A just in time assembly line probably isn't going to start a build unless they know when the components will arrive - so I'm guessing a unexpected issue has happened which has caused the delay.

I’ve also got a ‘Vorsprung’ on order, in glacier white, red brake callipers and a spare wheel!

Reactions: tomascott

Nice to hear from somebody else who happens to be in a similar position.

For the record, I ordered an S3 saloon in late March. My build is in continental Europe, so we don't have the Vorsprung and other specs you have in the UK, but my spec sheet includes options such as adaptive dampers, matrix headlights, Audi Sound System, ambient lighting, smartphone integration and a few others.

The car was supposed to be built in late June but its production was delayed for several weeks. Then in the beginning of July I got information from my dealer that the VIN was actually available, but there were still missing parts to complete the build. It was delayed again for a week at a time until I got new information that its production closing had been postponed for end of August. At this stage, I'm honestly not too optimistic about that date as well.

I'm wondering what parts they are still trying to source. Maybe adaptive dampers or the damn ambient lights? Hopefully, this will not have an impact on our final builds and our cars will arrive sooner rather than later.

Nice to hear from somebody else who happens to be in a similar position.

For the record, I ordered an S3 saloon in late March. My build is in continental Europe, so we don't have the Vorsprung and other specs you have in the UK, but my spec sheet includes options such as adaptive dampers, matrix headlights, Audi Sound System, ambient lighting, smartphone integration and a few others.

The car was supposed to be built in late June but its production was delayed for several weeks. Then in the beginning of July I got information from my dealer that the VIN was actually available, but there were still missing parts to complete the build. It was delayed again for a week at a time until I got new information that its production closing had been postponed for end of August. At this stage, I'm honestly not too optimistic about that date as well.

I'm wondering what parts they are still trying to source. Maybe adaptive dampers or the damn ambient lights? Hopefully, this will not have an impact on our final builds and our cars will arrive sooner rather than later.
I think that would explain the delay on mine, ordered a S3 black edition tech pack pro early May and was given a confirmed build week of the 3rd July. Chased the dealer last week as I still hadn’t received a VIN, and they advised that the build week has now been pushed back to the 25th August, with no reason from Audi. Was hoping to collect on the 1st of September but that’s now out window

I think that would explain the delay on mine, ordered a S3 black edition tech pack pro early May and was given a confirmed build week of the 3rd July. Chased the dealer last week as I still hadn’t received a VIN, and they advised that the build week has now been pushed back to the 25th August, with no reason from Audi. Was hoping to collect on the 1st of September but that’s now out window
Yes still no real updates on my order. Would have had the "in build" email 5 weeks ago on Tuesday 15th Aug... dealership says its showing having started the build and the latest update they had it was awaiting a few final parts to complete it.

I assume these orders that have started a build and then are delayed are in some kind of storage area in the factory awaiting said parts.

Dealer is preparing for a September collection... but I won't believe in it until there is confirmation that the build has completed! The wait continues :/

I’m told I’m build week 35, so I won’t get the “In build” email til end of August?

I’m told I’m build week 35, so I won’t get the “In build” email til end of August?
I am the same as you. Since placing my order with the dealer I have had no updated via email from Audi UK. I just have the dealer saying to me checking on their system it is build week 35. When I ordered my current A3 Saloon in 21 I received email updates from Audi UK.

I am the same as you. Since placing my order with the dealer I have had no updated via email from Audi UK. I just have the dealer saying to me checking on their system it is build week 35. When I ordered my current A3 Saloon in 21 I received email updates from Audi UK.
Oh I’ve had two emails so far, the order received one and then the getting parts for your car one. Have you had those emails?

Oh I’ve had two emails so far, the order received one and then the getting parts for your car one. Have you had those emails?
No I have had nothing. Not even sure who I can check with.

Is it possible for someone who has ordered a standard Black Edition S3 (without tech pack pro) to update us if their car has been manufactured successfully in the summer months? If those are still getting rolled through production, then it appears that one of these features must be causing the short parts supply:

- Matrix headlights
- LED rear combination lights with dynamic light design and dynamic turn signal
- Adaptive S suspension

Virtually everything else is either shared by both Vorsprung and standard Black edition (meaning that they shouldn't be causing the block only to Vorsprung and / or Black with tech pack pro), or is not on my continental order itself, thus it could not be causing the delay to all our cars simultaneously.

I just got the in build email, so how long roughly does that mean til car will be ready to collect? Or is that just a generic email and it might not start getting built til end of month?

Finally received an email from Audi uk saying car is in build and 3 weeks to complete.

Just had a update from my dealer that my S3 Saloon Vorsprung has finished the build (after 4 or 5 weeks!) and should be here mid-September!

• Love
Reactions: Paulie69 and vatdim
Well it took less than 3 weeks to build, l’ve just had this sent through:-

Attachments

• IMG_5180.jpeg
    IMG_5180.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: vatdim
Congrats to you guys! Unfortunately, mine has still not completed production. VIN has been available since early July, but no engine number yet. Oh well.

Mine is finally on the way to the port! For info I have not received any status emails from Audi UK