Hi, I wondered if anyone had ever tried uprading the "Standard" Audi Stereo to the Bose System?

Beanboy

Reaction score
Hi, I wondered if anyone had ever tried uprading the "Standard" Audi Stereo to the Bose System? - Is it easy / straight forward / not worth it / Not possible?

Many thanks,
Steve.

It's not worth the effort (and cost), there's just too much extra needs to be done. I can detail it if you want but honestly just dont.

What is possible and not crazy is to go from the standard sound system to the Audi Sound System. You need to add a centre speaker in the dash (wiring and speaker itself). Change the front door bass speakers (tweeters are the same, rear speakers are all the same) and add the subwoofer (wiring and box/speaker) in the boot.

Finally you need to re-parameterise the head unit to activate the additional speakers and the internal amplifier on the head unit, though this will depend on what unit you have - two SD Cards slots and you should be ok. This can't be done with VCDS or OBD11, it needs VCP or ODIS.

Therer is a nice looking 2017 sportback on ebay atm, it has bose, and a pretty low mileage