Rear light show

rngDeadeye

Reaction score
Sorry this is a dupe but I have tried the search.

Is there a way of making the lights to their show in daylight?

I thought they didn't doing it anymore but last night I saw them do their thing.

Sorry this is a dupe but I have tried the search.

Is there a way of making the lights to their show in daylight?

I thought they didn't doing it anymore but last night I saw them do their thing.

Yes but you need OBD11 or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad, my lights don't do the sequence, front or rear, at any time. No big deal but still.....

Don't feel bad, my lights don't do the sequence, front or rear, at any time. No big deal but still.....
You should maybe get Audi to take a look at that as the fronts at least should definitely do something when you unlock it.

Reactions: Chasriff
Yeah but a nicer Blue.

:) :)

Lol so we are playing that game are we……..

And I see Daggerit liked it too…..unsurprised.

• Haha
Reactions: Daggerit and rngDeadeye
Lol so we are playing that game are we……..

And I see Daggerit liked it too…..unsurprised.

Just laughed because I thought it was a bit of fun since you each have your preferences of blue.

Like this…..

More on topic, do they default to doing the show on unlock when you set them to Scandinavian DRLs? Or is there something else that you need to do?

You should maybe get Audi to take a look at that as the fronts at least should definitely do something when you unlock it.
When I take my car in in November for an oil change, I'll bring it up for the heck of it. Last time I had it at the dealer I forgot all about it. When I unlock it, the front and rear lights just blink (like most cars do).

Reactions: Daggerit
When I take my car in in November for an oil change, I'll bring it up for the heck of it. Last time I had it at the dealer I forgot all about it. When I unlock it, the front and rear lights just blink (like most cars do).
That's really odd. Especially as one of the unique things they were showing off was the light show and it spelling out RS3 on the driver's side.

That's really odd. Especially as one of the unique things they were showing off was the light show and it spelling out RS3 on the driver's side.
Exactly. In a US forum, I asked if any other 8Y owners had the same issue, and only one other person did. So hey, unique! I'll advise after I chat with the dealer (as long as I remember it. I have a good memory, it's just short).

Exactly. In a US forum, I asked if any other 8Y owners had the same issue, and only one other person did. So hey, unique! I'll advise after I chat with the dealer (as long as I remember it. I have a good memory, it's just short).

Probably just a software glitch.

Agreed, or something just wasn't coded.

Or it’s been set for the wrong region as I know it’s not turned on in every country.

Or it’s been set for the wrong region as I know it’s not turned on in every country.

Oh really? I wonder why that is since with us and other regions they made a big thing of how it spelled out RS3 in the headlight as well as the light show on lock and unlock. I assume you're right and it's something like this and should be an easy warranty fix from the dealership for him. :thumbs up:

Well, they got my lights to do the dance! All they had to do was turn on the exterior lights upon unlocking in the MMI. I swear I tried that, but nothing changed when I did it. They did make the changes when the car was running though I don't see how that would make a difference. Oh, well, worked out either way.

Reactions: drgav2005, kayemill and Daggerit