Avant & Gloss Black Alloys?

Sm27650

Reaction score
Howdy,

Quick search turned up nothing - does anyone have any pics of a Black Edition Avant in Daytona with the standard 20” alloys in Gloss Black?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't go gloss - Go for satin or matt finish. I think you should maybe consider not going for a solid colour either. wheels larger than 18" tend to look less appealing bodywork to wheel or wheel to body work when they are solid colours because they obtain a large surface area to your field of view. making two tone or diamond cut finishes better looking as it adds hints of detail to what would be a large dark area otherwise. At the end of the day everyone has their own flavours and preferences, but consider avoiding changing the original wheel colour because if/when you come to sell it as standard it would appeal more to the potential buyer purchasing them on or off the vehicle.

There are plenty of Daytona grey models to pool some inspiration from since they share similar styling features similar to the A6 the MY22 RS6 comes with satin finish 22" wheels I think with the black edition.

here're some pics of my s6 with gloss black factory wheels and the aftermarket ones i dropped on recently (both sets are 21"). have the black optics package and the black badge package.
not only looks great, but i've received so many compliments and even folks telling me it's the best audi they've ever seen. the secret? keep it simple. i've made a few changes here and there, but the car still looks mostly stock, which is what helps it look even better...

by the way, i'm selling my factory wheels now (https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2022-audi-s6-wheels-for-sale.442123/)...

Attachments

• IMG_4281.JPG
    IMG_4281.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4516.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_E4265.JPG
    IMG_E4265.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5191.JPG
    IMG_5191.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5203.JPG
    IMG_5203.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Thanks folks. I’ve already ordered the Maxton rear balance and that’s ready to go on. I like the look of these wheels (Concaver CVR-1) but not sure if I’d need to go 21 or 22 to pull off the right look.

I like the UK S6 alloys but can’t find them so looking around at options - hence thinking about Gloss Black OEM but not sure

Mine is the last pic.

097332d8db38a3ce067f816b5d212d0a.jpg

e7b05c22b476ac5bd1291b93876897d2.jpg

0676873a0a70eeb2e6bc16e38a79a326.jpg

Thanks folks. I’ve already ordered the Maxton rear balance and that’s ready to go on. I like the look of these wheels (Concaver CVR-1) but not sure if I’d need to go 21 or 22 to pull off the right look.

I like the UK S6 alloys but can’t find them so looking around at options - hence thinking about Gloss Black OEM but not sure

Mine is the last pic.

097332d8db38a3ce067f816b5d212d0a.jpg

e7b05c22b476ac5bd1291b93876897d2.jpg

0676873a0a70eeb2e6bc16e38a79a326.jpg

Nice, the Maxton design diffuser is on back order at the moment you been given a delivery date, be nice to see what it looks like?

I've been looking at getting hold of one as i absolutely hate the rear diffuser (OEM) for the Avant. when the warranty is up I've already looked at getting a rear backbox mod/change to get a proper suiting exhaust set up. not necessary for sound or performance but to honour the proper aesthetical appearance that it should be/have!

Nice, the Maxton design diffuser is on back order at the moment you been given a delivery date, be nice to see what it looks like?

I've been looking at getting hold of one as i absolutely hate the rear diffuser (OEM) for the Avant. when the warranty is up I've already looked at getting a rear backbox mod/change to get a proper suiting exhaust set up. not necessary for sound or performance but to honour the proper aesthetical appearance that it should be/have!

Mine has been delivered; it was on back order and I needed it to be delivered before I went on vacation; it arrived just before I left.

The great thing about this is you can remove the exhaust tips for when you do get a proper exhaust down the line.

Agree - this is how it should have been; it’s standard on the UK S6 but unsure about US models.

Found these whilst looking at cars for sale. Not sure now…

6405de7b39bd6d3fba3af44c69f6eaea.jpg

63d8f9da145532863af7160d1f66fc0b.jpg

Reactions: OptimusPrime
When I bought my black edition S6 Avant in April the dealer (Stafford Audi) offered me their demonstrator first which wasn’t on site so I didn’t see it. The salesman told me they’d painted the demo car’s wheels black - the exterior was ultra blue. I assumed they were black all over like the ones above, but I’ve since wondered whether they had just painted the grey bits black and left the polished bits as they are. That might suit it - I’ve seen the same design wheels in 21” on Q8s and C7 RS6 in black/polished and they work.
If someone sees the A6/S6 black edition 20” wheels in black/polished then please take a photo and share it here!

I should have googled harder before posting. Found this:
IMG 6479

IMG 6480

3da7deb3465036e55837705bee314e51.jpg

I have also thought about a 21” version of what I’ve got but not sure which ET would be suitable to avoid rubbing.

f3fea1bd9479114e731ab1e849f2f65f.jpg

The top photo looks brilliant. It’s not as if the 20”s seem small in the real world but that sits so perfectly on those 21”s. Much nicer than the 21” alloys on the Vorprung.

Lower the car on 20” same visual effect. The current ride height is too high in my opinion. It needs an inch off.