Disable AudioPilot at Bose Amp (Tutorial)

ltl_nmo

Reaction score
No one has ever done a proper writeup for the 8p so I thought I would share. The Audi TSB has you cutting and splicing but I'm OCD about cutting factory wiring so went the non-destructive route.

Attached is the TSB for the AudioPilot disable method from Audi. However this is not for the 8p specifically. You can follow the TSB in terms of how to disconnect everything but they have you splicing a wire and cutting the factory wire and some instructions aren't super clear. Also attached is the BOSE Amp pinout but is from an 06 MY but close enough. If you trace the wires the ones in PIN 6 are Switched Positive (Green and Blue) and AUPL (Blue and Red) Hopefully this clears up some confusion.

Items Needed:
24awg PVC Hookup Wire
Crimpers (iCrimp SN-28B Dupont Crimping Tool 18-28awg)
Wire Stripper
Terminals Pins 000979020E
Terminals Pins 000979025E
De-pining Tool (sanded Bobby Pins)

Instructions:
1) Remove all trim on the passenger boot panel to get access to the Bose Amp.
(Pull lower middle tailgate trim, Remove 1 visible T20 Torx, 1 T25 Torx under trim cap by pax seat, pull seatbelt trim away to reveal final T20 Torx Screw, then pull entire panel trim starting from the rear)
2) Create Splice wire with terminals by cutting 2 equal lengths of 24 AWG wire, stripping, then crimping to male terminal. Next crimp one female terminals to other ends of wire. Anything larger than 24 AWG will be too large to crimp 2 wires into one terminal. It's also the same size as factory wiring.
3) Disconnect Amp Connector by releasing pink lever.
4) Disassemble Amp Connector by placing the pink lever in the lock position first then squeeze the portion that faces the rear of car. Cap should come off.
5) This is what you should see
6) De-pin pin 6
7) Remove small connector body containing pins 23-32 from main body by releasing clips on the female face of the main body. Once connector is out then open the connector. This is the only way to de-pin the terminals themselves. This side housing clips in. The TSB says to rotate but I could not figure that out. Easiest is to just put a small flathead or bobby pin and pry upwards. It is hinged so just be careful not to move it to move and break the hinges.
8) Remove/de-pin the AUPL wire that is in the pin 24 and move it to pin 23 or 25 which are unused.
9) Insert female terminal into pin 24 and pin 6.
10) Re-insert small connector into main body. Tuck wires.
11) Reconnect main body cover with the pink locking lever in the locked position. This is the way it was when you removed it so you don't need to readjust the lever gearing now. If you didn't you will have to match up the gears to the locking mechanism for the lever to work properly.
12) Reattach main connector to Bose Amp and test.

Attachments

• BoseAmpMulti-PinConnection.gif
    BoseAmpMulti-PinConnection.gif
    51.2 KB · Views: 94
  • AudioPilot Disable TSB.pdf
    384.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Reactions: NHN
Strange as there was writeup info added years ago as I added the info, lol, alas :)