Classic Car Insurance

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I have recently insured my 320bhp S3 on a Modern Classic Car policy with all mods declared for £255 and 2k miles per annum.

I have previously asked this question with no definitive answers, so thought I’d create this post for anyone searching the subject.

So an 8L S3 qualifies as a classic car on the basis it’s a second car, you must have access to another car(main car), you are over 21 or 25 years of age(insurance company dependent), ideally limited mileage. It can be standard or modified, you can pay extra for an agreed value, and it can be parked on your drive. You should shop around, like a normal policy, different insurance companies can offer better policies depending on what brand of car and club membership discounts etc.

This allowed me to keep my 8L for longer, instead of selling it, as I needed the NCB for my new car.

C5B1CE56 7026 44A4 80EB 009003D73ECD

Reactions: Rainbird, Ian W, S3AMJ and 3 others
Hey Jo! Great to see you the other day bud. I’ve often wondered this, so I appreciate you looking into it in more detail. Come next year I’m going to look into classic car insurance for mine.

Reactions: Sandra and jojo
I have recently insured my 320bhp S3 on a Modern Classic Car policy with all mods declared for £255 and 2k miles per annum.

I have previously asked this question with no definitive answers, so thought I’d create this post for anyone searching the subject.

So an 8L S3 qualifies as a classic car on the basis it’s a second car, you must have access to another car(main car), you are over 21 or 25 years of age(insurance company dependent), ideally limited mileage. It can be standard or modified, you can pay extra for an agreed value, and it can be parked on your drive. You should shop around, like a normal policy, different insurance companies can offer better policies depending on what brand of car and club membership discounts etc.

This allowed me to keep my 8L for longer, instead of selling it, as I needed the NCB for my new car. http://essaypapers.reviews/

View attachment 269179
Actually amazing, I didn't know about this.

From what you mentioned earlier, am i right in thinking they do not use your NCB.

So if you are insured on another car as a named driver i.e which you have to in order to take out a classic policy, then in theory you are not keeping your NCB alive and so after a couple of years without it, you would lose some (or all?) of your NCB..? and if you ever needed to take out a policy in your name in your name, say for argument sake you sell your classic car and buy a newer car, then you will have issues with your NCB.

NOTE: Just googled it and actually you lose ALL your NCB after 2 years of it not in use. Not quite sure reading the web what happens in the case you are a named driver on a ploicy, perhaps they might be a tad lenient - but I am just guessing.

From what you mentioned earlier, am i right in thinking they do not use your NCB.

So if you are insured on another car as a named driver i.e which you have to in order to take out a classic policy, then in theory you are not keeping your NCB alive and so after a couple of years without it, you would lose some (or all?) of your NCB..? and if you ever needed to take out a policy in your name in your name, say for argument sake you sell your classic car and buy a newer car, then you will have issues with your NCB.

NOTE: Just googled it and actually you lose ALL your NCB after 2 years of it not in use. Not quite sure reading the web what happens in the case you are a named driver on a ploicy, perhaps they might be a tad lenient - but I am just guessing.
No NCB is needed for a classic car policy , it’s intended for a weekend/2nd car. In fact, my S3 was more expensive using my maximum NCB on a normal policy!