2018 Avant Rear Suspension Spring Mounts and OS Engine Mount leak??!

Robcobras81

Reaction score
Hi, I regularly browse but dont post much, just after some advice or help if possible.

I recently needed my CAM belt changing, as instructed by my local dealership. The car has 60k on the clock 2018 1.4 Petrol A4 Avant S -Line

They also did the MOT at the same time (free of charge with the cam) and came back with some work which needed doing (unsurprisingly, I pay for a service plan which doesnt cover any of the work!!). The CAM belt work I had arguments with them as I was told when I bought the car claiming it wouldnt cost me anything for 3 years as everything is covered yet 18 months in I had to pay £630 for a belt! - not happy!

So, the work came back as an OS engine mount oil leak in the front hydraulic bush (£983 to repair) - although they explain there is no movement in the bush yet - is this expected in a car this age!! I was surprised, it was a rep car before I bought it and mostly did motorway miles (allegedly)

Both front lower spring mounts have started to wear ( even though the video shows them inspecting the rear of the car pointing this out) (£432) - Is this something that I could do at home on the driveway with basic tools? Is it harder with the adaptive suspension?

Any help would be great thank you

rob

Cambelts afaik are never included in a service plan, unless you have that in writing, hard to argue that tbh.

Sales people will always promise the world & deliver much less.

Reactions: spartacus68
I got that impression when the sales person was booking me in and I explained that :(

My rear mounts had gone think It cost me £150 inc spares at a vag indie. £60 for parts.
1a5b5e0d225a1e7c0cc9be7e27aa4e44.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy to see mounts from rear just get on your belt buckle and have a torch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The rear spring mounts from Audi were £13 each last time I looked and they wanted £300 to replace. The metal or alloy corrodes from within. Definitely an Achilles heel.

Not familiar with adaptive suspension, but suspect just remove battery negative (keep battery on trickle charge). You will need spring compressors, axle stand, trolley jack. I ended up lowering subframe bolts slightly (on B8 Allroad) but if you have length of scaffold pole you can probably lever suspension to fit.