Anyone with an 8Y that doesn't have the sequenced lights upon unlocking?

Chasriff

Reaction score
I have a 2023 RS3 and oddly it doesn't do the fancy light sequencing when being unlocked. It's not a big deal, I didn't even look for it until I had the car for several months, but I find it weird mine doesn't do that. Here in the US it's very rare, but not unheard of. Anything different across the pond?

Is it Matrix lights related? Just a thought - I'm sure I seen a post somewhere else that somebodies car didn't do the 'dance'. The good news is though that it can be enabled through coding I believe from reading the post.

Reactions: Chasriff
I tried to check the lights(Matrix) animation myself after having a car for about 3 months :) It was surprising, that the animation was absent on lock/unlock. But later I figured out that "entry/exit lights" option should be ON in the MMI. Now it's functioning properly, not sure I will leave it on for long. Kind of strange, but just not a fan of it.

I tried to check the lights(Matrix) animation myself after having a car for about 3 months :) It was surprising, that the animation was absent on lock/unlock. But later I figured out that "entry/exit lights" option should be ON in the MMI. Now it's functioning properly, not sure I will leave it on for long. Kind of strange, but just not a fan of it.
Interesting, I'll try that

Well, that didn't work either - nice try, though! Next time I'm at the dealer I'll see if it's an easy thing to rectify by coding. If not, no big deal. Thanks for all the suggestion. Cheers!